Harry Potter Fan Club discussion

SPOILERS!! > Fun HP facts!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 74 (74 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Linnéa, The awesome co-mod! (last edited Apr 28, 2015 12:46PM) (new)

Linnéa | 44 comments Mod
Here you can exchange fun/cool HP facts!!! If you haven't yet finished the series, THERE MAY BE SPOILERS!!! Have fun!

message 2: by Anna, ~Ravenclaw addicted to reading~ (new)

Anna | 268 comments Mod
Ooh! I am excited about this one!

message 3: by Linnéa, The awesome co-mod! (new)

Linnéa | 44 comments Mod
Just FYI, the facts can be about anything related to the HP books, movies, and even actors!

message 4: by Anna, ~Ravenclaw addicted to reading~ (last edited Apr 28, 2015 01:07PM) (new)

Anna | 268 comments Mod
Just saw this:

"Fact: Harry Potter and Tom Riddle are actually blood relatives - they're family!

The Explanation: You may have worked this one out yourself - Harry inherits his invisibility cloak from his ancestor Ignotus Peverell, and Tom Riddle inherited the resurrection stone from Cadmus Peverell, Ignotus' brother. Of course, while confirming the blood link between Harry and Voldemort, JK also asserts that 'nearly all wizarding families are related if you trace them back through the centuries.'

(found on a website with hp facts revealed by JK Rowling)

message 5: by Eleanor (new)

Eleanor Yep! I knew that, but it's cool!

message 6: by Anna, ~Ravenclaw addicted to reading~ (new)

Anna | 268 comments Mod
Yeah it is!

message 7: by Anna, ~Ravenclaw addicted to reading~ (new)

Anna | 268 comments Mod
Here's the website:

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2015/04/1...
It has some cool facts, excepting number four, which just angers me!!

message 8: by Madilyn (new)

Madilyn I don't think I knew that! Cool!!!

message 9: by Eleanor (new)

Eleanor I did, but that's because I have read the books at least a trillion times (okay, maybe an exaggeration), and when I'm bored I just read PotterWiki haha. :)

message 10: by Anna, ~Ravenclaw addicted to reading~ (new)

Anna | 268 comments Mod
Haha!

message 11: by Mary (new)

Mary (Literarypiesociety) | 129 comments Yes! I was so upset when I learned about #4 a while back. I never liked Dumbledore in the first place and I was still upset about this one.

message 12: by Anna, ~Ravenclaw addicted to reading~ (new)

Anna | 268 comments Mod
Yeah! Why would she make him gay?! It just ruins the character!

message 13: by Linnéa, The awesome co-mod! (new)

Linnéa | 44 comments Mod
Here's one, every HP book ends at King's Cross Station. It's been a while since I read the books, but I believe that it's true! I got this fact off of Pinterest! ;)

message 14: by Anna, ~Ravenclaw addicted to reading~ (new)

Anna | 268 comments Mod
Oh, that's cool!

message 15: by Georgia (new)

Georgia Morris (geog2001) | 65 comments Rupert Grant owns an ice cream truck.

message 16: by Anna, ~Ravenclaw addicted to reading~ (new)

Anna | 268 comments Mod
Haha! That's funny!

message 17: by Eleanor (new)

Eleanor Georgia wrote: "Rupert Grant owns an ice cream truck."

Haha that's hilarious xx

message 18: by Mary (new)

Mary (Literarypiesociety) | 129 comments I wish he would drive it around where I lived. :P

message 19: by Georgia (new)

Georgia Morris (geog2001) | 65 comments We'll he can't it says he is too lazy to fill out the papers to sell ice cream

message 20: by Mary (new)

Mary (Literarypiesociety) | 129 comments So does he just give away the ice cream, or what?

message 21: by Linnéa, The awesome co-mod! (new)

Linnéa | 44 comments Mod
Here's a funny one. James and Oliver Phelps (George and Fred Weasley) admit to switching roles on set! Those two never cease to amuse me!

message 22: by Anna, ~Ravenclaw addicted to reading~ (new)

Anna | 268 comments Mod
Hahaha! Me too! I love them! XD

message 23: by Georgia (new)

Georgia Morris (geog2001) | 65 comments Yes!

message 24: by Linnéa, The awesome co-mod! (new)

Linnéa | 44 comments Mod
They're my fav!

message 25: by Eleanor (last edited May 04, 2015 04:34AM) (new)

Eleanor Yeah, I love them too! Check them out here for the opening of the Train part of WB studios London!

CarriePotterandtheHogwartsExpress

message 26: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Rons fave line in the movie is any time he had to say Bloody hell.
Hermiones is the one, I'm going to bed before you think of another clever way to get us killed or worse expelled.
I don't remember Harrys fave line..

message 27: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Linnéa wrote: "Here's a funny one. James and Oliver Phelps (George and Fred Weasley) admit to switching roles on set! Those two never cease to amuse me!"

I love them!

message 28: by Linnéa, The awesome co-mod! (new)

Linnéa | 44 comments Mod
Here's an interesting one: Voldemort cannot love because he was conceived under a love potion!

message 29: by Georgia (new)

Georgia Morris (geog2001) | 65 comments I read that one

message 30: by Georgia (new)

Georgia Morris (geog2001) | 65 comments After graduation, Minerva fell head-over-heels in love with a Muggle boy named Dougal McGregor.

message 31: by Tucks (new)

Tucks Aηηα wrote: "It has some cool facts, except number four, which angers me!"

Seriously? WTF? Why would someone being homosexual "anger" you? Look at the character for what and who they are, not their sexual orientation. No offense, but that sorta breaks your own moderating rules--judging and insulting people.

Dumbledore is one of the greatest characters of all time, and I am glad JK Rowling made him gay.

message 32: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Really? That is interesting!

message 33: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) I agree with you. Been homosexual is wrong.

message 34: by Mary (new)

Mary (Literarypiesociety) | 129 comments Tucks wrote: "Aηηα wrote: "It has some cool facts, except number four, which angers me!"

Seriously? WTF? Why would someone being homosexual "anger" you? Look at the character for what and who they are, not the..."

I don't want to start a big argument. But the reason something like that would upset people is because we do not think it is right. There is nothing right and okay with being homosexual.
People who are fine with it can tell me all day long all their excuses for why it is right but I am never going to think it is right because it goes against the very teaches of my Father in heaven.
And so I am going to be upset that Dumbledore was gay. And I am sure that Anna has similar reason for being upset about it.

message 35: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Yes I agree.

message 36: by Anna, ~Ravenclaw addicted to reading~ (last edited May 11, 2015 10:03AM) (new)

Anna | 268 comments Mod
Thank you Mary!!

That is totally what I think! Homosexuality goes against God's Word, so that to me makes it wrong! I see Dumbledore for who he is, but that doesn't mean I like him being gay!

And Tucks, first of all, I am entitled to my opinion, just like you are to yours. I did not break the rules as I didn't insult any group member. In actuality you broke the rules! No swearing means no abbreviations either. That is your first warning!

message 37: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) I agree Anna! To the first part I mean.

message 38: by Anna, ~Ravenclaw addicted to reading~ (new)

Anna | 268 comments Mod
Thanks Haley. And sorry guys if I was a bit harsh.

message 39: by Mary (new)

Mary (Literarypiesociety) | 129 comments You were not harsh at all! You were completely right in what you said.

message 40: by Anna, ~Ravenclaw addicted to reading~ (new)

Anna | 268 comments Mod
Thanks. I just really want to keep this group clean. Which means I need to warn people even when they just abbreviate a swear word!

message 41: by Madilyn (new)

Madilyn I completely agree with you Anna!

message 42: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) I agree!

message 43: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Did you know that Harry Potter and the Sorcerer Stone was rejected many times before getting published?

message 44: by Anna, ~Ravenclaw addicted to reading~ (new)

Anna | 268 comments Mod
WHAT???? How?

message 45: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Ikr!!! I said that too but that is what I heard!!!

message 46: by Eleanor (new)

Eleanor Haley(fabulous, crazy, and a follower of Christ) wrote: "Did you know that Harry Potter and the Sorcerer Stone was rejected many times before getting published?"

YEP! It seems so unbelievable now, though.
All those other publishers must be kicking themselves now.

message 47: by Mary (new)

Mary (Literarypiesociety) | 129 comments lol Yes!!

message 48: by Anna, ~Ravenclaw addicted to reading~ (new)

Anna | 268 comments Mod
:D I just cant believe anyone would reject Harry Potter!

message 49: by Georgia (new)

Georgia Morris (geog2001) | 65 comments Yes! Poor publishers now they don't have all that money from the Harry potter books

message 50: by Eleanor (new)

Eleanor Like the people who fired Walt Disney because he was not creative enough.

« previous 1