Book Trailers - Check Them Out! discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > BOM - May 2015 - Happy Ever After

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kat (last edited Apr 28, 2015 04:58PM) (new)

Kat Desi (katdesiwrites) | 878 comments Mod

If it's just you and me, together, for the rest of our lives - no-one else to mess things up... could you ever love me?

Peter loves Vanessa. He loves her a lot and is looking forward to starting a nice life with her, and only her. No one else to get in the way and mess up their beautiful relationship. He'll do anything for her. Absolutely anything to make her happy. Anything to see that beautiful smile of hers. Anything to live happily ever after with her.
The only problem is - Vanessa doesn't know Peter and, more importantly, understand why she is cuffed to the dining room table.

Told through the eyes of the two people living the story, follow Peter as he keeps Vanessa prisoner hoping that she will fall in love with him and follow Vanessa as she desperately looks for a way out of this hell.

The book is currently ON SALE AT AMAZON for $2.99 (OR $0.99)! I don't know how long it will run, but go get it before it goes back to its original price! ;)

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Brocious | 3245 comments Mod
Whoa...looks good!! :)

message 3: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Marshall (goodreadscomkellymarshall) | 33 comments wow. That got my attention

message 4: by Donna (new)

Donna | 3463 comments Mod
Nice :)

message 5: by Kat (new)

Sarah wrote: "Whoa...looks good!! :)"

Hope you like! ;)

message 6: by Kat (new)

Quentin wrote: "It's actually .99 right now too, nice. I haven't read Matt Shaw yet but have been meaning to, so this is a good pick. However, it sounds like a contemporary romance novel to me. Who hasn't handcuff..."

Oh, thanks for pointing that out! Yep, Q, totally contemporary romance.

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Kat Desi wrote: "Sarah wrote: "Whoa...looks good!! :)"

Hope you like! ;)"

I read The Cabin by Matt Shaw so preparing myself ;)

message 8: by Kat (new)

Kelly wrote: "wow. That got my attention"

Hope you can join us!

message 9: by Kat (new)

Sarah wrote: "Kat Desi wrote: "Sarah wrote: "Whoa...looks good!! :)"

Hope you like! ;)"

I read The Cabin by Matt Shaw so preparing myself ;)"

Actually, this is not like his usual type of novels. This is more suspense!

message 10: by Sarah (new)

really? Cool! Excited to start!

message 11: by Brandy (new)

Brandy | 13 comments This looks interesting...I am super behind on reviews and reading so I will have to skip out this month.

message 12: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina White | 10 comments I'll try it. I'm new to the discussion group thing. I want to start participating more. This book sounds alright.

message 13: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina White | 10 comments Okay, just bought it & read the intro....um...wow! It does look disturbingly good. Looking forward to reading it.

message 14: by Kat (new)

Sabrina wrote: "I'll try it. I'm new to the discussion group thing. I want to start participating more. This book sounds alright."

Yay! Welcome, Sabrina! :D

message 15: by Kat (new)

Sabrina wrote: "Okay, just bought it & read the intro....um...wow! It does look disturbingly good. Looking forward to reading it."

Isn't it?! Can't wait to see what you think. :)

message 16: by Kat (new)

Brandy wrote: "This looks interesting...I am super behind on reviews and reading so I will have to skip out this month. "

Too bad! Hope you get the chance to read this in the future though.

message 17: by Donna (new)

Sabrina wrote: "I'll try it. I'm new to the discussion group thing. I want to start participating more. This book sounds alright."

Hi Sabrina!
Welcome aboard :)

message 18: by Oak (new)

Oak Anderson | 426 comments Mod
Got it. Took a peek and I don't think things will go well for the girl on Date One :/

message 19: by Kat (new)

Oak wrote: "Got it. Took a peek and I don't think things will go well for the girl on Date One :/"

I think Peter disagrees. Bahaha

message 20: by Donna (new)

Smh...

message 21: by Sarah (new)

This book is gonna take me like an hour and a half to read...but what a crazy hour and a half it looks like it will be ;)

Eldritch Reading Reindeer 2021 In Cobwebs  (readingreindeerproximacentauri) That blurb is perfect!! Makes this a must-read. Fortunately, I own a copy.:)

message 23: by Donna (new)

Mallory Heart wrote: "That blurb is perfect!! Makes this a must-read. Fortunately, I own a copy.:)"

Awesome Mallory :)

message 24: by Quentin (new)

Quentin Wallace (quentinwallace) | 2516 comments I wasn't blown away by this one, but I'm not holding it against the author. I'm going to try more Matt Shaw because I did like his style, just not this particular story so much.

How's everyone else liking it?

message 25: by Zipporah (new)

Zipporah Aniko (zipporahdaniellaaniko) | 7 comments I will definitely read this

message 26: by Donna (last edited May 07, 2015 03:08PM) (new)

Zipporah wrote: "I will definitely read this"

Good to hear Zipporah!

message 27: by Donna (new)

Quentin wrote: "I wasn't blown away by this one, but I'm not holding it against the author. I'm going to try more Matt Shaw because I did like his style, just not this particular story so much.

How's everyone els..."

I've not started yet but will this weekend :)

message 28: by Kat (new)

Quentin wrote: "I wasn't blown away by this one, but I'm not holding it against the author. I'm going to try more Matt Shaw because I did like his style, just not this particular story so much.

How's everyone els..."

He is known for his extreme horror novels and you most likely expected that, but this is not one of them.

message 29: by Kat (new)

Glad you could join us, Mallory (love your name) and Zipporah (love yours too)!

Is anyone else crushing on Peter? No? Just me?

...Just kidding.

message 30: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina White | 10 comments Quentin wrote: "I wasn't blown away by this one, but I'm not holding it against the author. I'm going to try more Matt Shaw because I did like his style, just not this particular story so much.

How's everyone els..."

I agree w/u. His style was enjoyable, but the story...not so much. I didn't like the ending.

message 31: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina White | 10 comments Ewww...gross...my image of Peter forces my mouth to curl up in an attempt to prevent any vomiting. The writing style was good. The ending was not satisfying. She could have used the keys to unscrew the bolted furniture or to scrape away the cement.

message 32: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina White | 10 comments curious to hear everyone else's thoughts

message 33: by Sarah (new)

So freaky...I really liked the style. Cringed more than a half dozen times....Peter is a freakazoid...absolute freak.

Has anyone watched Dexter? I kept thinking the whole time, man, Dexter would love to rid the world of this man...where is Dexter when a girl needs him?

Another scary part for me? The girl worked at a bank...I work for a credit union, but same interactions (online banking...loans...etc) I remember a time or two being freaked out by an over zealous person (even waiting outside my building) Its freaky to think that stuff like this happens and how important it is to stay on guard. (and always leave with someone...I rarely leave work alone)

ANYWAY! It kept my attention!

message 34: by Kat (new)

I actually liked the ending!

I've read tons of kidnap books and this is actually pretty tame compared to some of what I have read! Haha!

message 35: by Quentin (new)

Quentin Wallace (quentinwallace) | 2516 comments Or some of what you've WROTE for that matter, Kat lol

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Cabin (other topics)