Never Too Old For Y.A. & N.A. Books discussion

Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1)
This topic is about Daughter of Smoke & Bone
SOTM May: Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sylvia  | 13086 comments Mod
Here we can discuss book 1 Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #1) by Laini Taylor of the Daughter of Smoke and Bone series by Laini Taylor. I've read this already and I loved it. To me it was a piece of art, so vivid, so colourful and so majestic. Simply Beautiful!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 695 comments I have already read this one so I hope it's ok I start with the second one then the third.

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 1269 comments <3 this book! The beginning was awesome for me, so unique, beautifully written and creative. I got a little bogged down in the middle, but then adored the ending. Overall an amazing read!!

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments OMG LOVE LOVE this whole trilogy so much. But this first book was pure and utter worship for me. Laini Taylor's writing is hauntingly beautiful to the point of bringing me to tears it's so beautiful.

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 1269 comments Well said, Belkis!

message 6: by Belkis (last edited Apr 30, 2015 06:16AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments David wrote: "Well said, Belkis!"

Thanks David! Oh and congratulations btw on all of your awesome new releases and OMG your Dwellers series on audio!!! I'm so excited because I'll finally be able to finish the series. Reading time is so hard to find during the week and audios are my salvation. So congratulations and THANK YOU!

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 34 comments Not sure if anyone else has read it via audio book, but I simply adore the narration on this one. Zuzanna is da bomb.

Raquel V (raquelvcc) | 39 comments Alana ~ The Book Pimp wrote: "Not sure if anyone else has read it via audio book, but I simply adore the narration on this one. Zuzanna is da bomb."

I know, Zuzana, Oh My God! She is definitely my favorite side character/ best friend from pretty much any book I have ever read! I think her interactions with Karou bring a much needed comic relief for the the book. DoSaB is so intense (which I love), and having Zuzana break that up sometimes helps a lot! Looove this series! I'm rereading it and it's even better the second time around.

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 1269 comments Alana ~ The Book Pimp wrote: "Not sure if anyone else has read it via audio book, but I simply adore the narration on this one. Zuzanna is da bomb."

I haven't, but that sounds AMAZING!!

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 1269 comments Belkis wrote: "David wrote: "Well said, Belkis!"

Thanks David! Oh and congratulations btw on all of your awesome new releases and OMG your Dwellers series on audio!!! I'm so excited because I'll finally be able ..."

*big smile* thank you SO MUCH, my friend! I really appreciate your kind words and support :) I was so shocked when the Dwellers/Country audiobook deal landed in my agent's lap. I've been wanting to hear my books on audio for a while, so it really made my year! The first audiobook, The Moon Dwellers, will be out May 12th with the first two sequels to be released before the end of June :) The other four books will follow after that!!

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 34 comments ... and a side note... the descriptions of Prague are SPOT ON. I've been there and the book really captures the feeling of Prague (when it's describing that city.) It's absolutely beautiful there.

message 12: by Kim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kim | 2 comments Alana ~ The Book Pimp wrote: "Not sure if anyone else has read it via audio book, but I simply adore the narration on this one. Zuzanna is da bomb."

Yes--I just finished listening to it on audiobook a week ago or so, and it was fantastic. Now I'm trying to decide if I want to listen to the next two, or read the actual books...

message 13: by Kelly (new) - added it

Kelly Elise | 188 comments This will be my first Audiobook.... We'll see how this goes!

message 14: by Kayy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kayy (kaymartxd) | 1 comments Don't be afraid of Audiobooks, they can be a wonderful companion for long drives when you just want to close your eyes and listen. Or are doing the driving and need something more relaxing to listen to. Just be warned if you are doing the driving that people might think you've gone insane when you're laughing away at a particularly funny part (or in my case having a minor freak out because something major just happened) and there's no one else in the car with you.

I've read this book before but I think I'm going to give the Audiobook a go for the reread. Will return with more commentary once my memory of some of the particulars is refreshed!

Vanessa (bagofbooks) | 36 comments I have already read the series would highly recommend it enjoyed all the twists and turns that there were in the book hope overs reading it will enjoy the serious as much as I did .

message 16: by Kelly (new) - added it

Kelly Elise | 188 comments Kayy wrote: "Don't be afraid of Audiobooks..."
Yeah it's interesting so far. Listened to some while doing yard work over the weekend. Having never listened to them before, it took a few chapters to get adjusted to making myself visualize what was going on from hearing the words as opposed to seeing them, but it's working out now :-)

Vanessa (bagofbooks) | 36 comments I'd have to say about 90-95% of the books that I read r on audio due to the fact that w my vision it takes me longer to read a book.

Cheryl La Pa (cheryllp) | 37 comments This is one of my all time favourite series. Ms Taylor is an amazing writer! I lent the books to my 15 year old daughter and she loved it too and has been recommending it to her friends.

message 19: by Kelly (new) - added it

Kelly Elise | 188 comments Just finished book 1. Hmmmmmmm interested to get to the next one. As a side note: I listened to the interview with the author at the end, and omg girl, take a breath! She was talking like the energizer bunny!

Sylvia  | 13086 comments Mod
Kelly wrote: "Just finished book 1. Hmmmmmmm interested to get to the next one. As a side note: I listened to the interview with the author at the end, and omg girl, take a breath! She was talking like the ene..."

hahahahahaha

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 1269 comments Kelly wrote: "Just finished book 1. Hmmmmmmm interested to get to the next one. As a side note: I listened to the interview with the author at the end, and omg girl, take a breath! She was talking like the ene..."

LOL!!!!