Never Too Old For Y.A. & N.A. Books discussion

Days of Blood and Starlight (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #2)
This topic is about Days of Blood and Starlight
SOTM May: Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sylvia (new) - added it

Sylvia  | 13086 comments Mod
Here we can discuss book 2 Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2) by Laini Taylor of the Daughter of Smoke and Bone series by Laini Taylor.

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 1269 comments Book two was my favorite in this series! It had such an apocalyptic feel to it. Loved all the worldbuilding and the whole plot.

message 3: by Belkis (last edited Apr 28, 2015 07:03PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments And the love continues for me as well with this second book. The depth of ti her characters, the brilliant storytelling and the unique world that Laini Taylor creates is pure magic.

message 4: by Sylvia (new) - added it

I need to get onto this soon.

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 1269 comments You should, Sylvia! It's really really good :)

message 6: by Sylvia (new) - added it

David wrote: "You should, Sylvia! It's really really good :)"

It's the usual David, so many books, so little time or my TBR list is going to explode lol

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 1269 comments I know the feeling! I've been bogged down in Game of Thrones for months LOL. Once I finish that series I feel like I'll be able to catch up on so many other books :)

message 8: by Sylvia (new) - added it

David wrote: "I know the feeling! I've been bogged down in Game of Thrones for months LOL. Once I finish that series I feel like I'll be able to catch up on so many other books :)"

Oh geez, there's no escaping that series once you start it lol that's why I watch the show, so much easier.

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 1269 comments So true! I've been reading 1% (of the 5-book boxed set) per day so that I'll finish in 100 days LOL! I watch the show too, I like both the books and the show :)

message 10: by Sylvia (new) - added it

David wrote: "So true! I've been reading 1% (of the 5-book boxed set) per day so that I'll finish in 100 days LOL! I watch the show too, I like both the books and the show :)"

I like your challenge :D hope you read it all within the 100 days

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 1269 comments Thank you! I'm on day 73 and right at 73% :)

message 12: by Sylvia (new) - added it

David wrote: "Thank you! I'm on day 73 and right at 73% :)"

Well you're on the right track then :D

Vanessa (bagofbooks) | 36 comments Well seeing as how you finished book one now you definitely have to read two and then three to understand the whole series!! Happy reading hope you all enjoyed the series

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 695 comments Ok peeps, I can't get into this book!! What is going on? I loved the first one :-(

message 15: by Sylvia (new) - added it

Melissa wrote: "Ok peeps, I can't get into this book!! What is going on? I loved the first one :-("

I haven't even tried yet and not sure if I will be able to. There are just too many other books getting in the way as well as little reading time.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 695 comments Sylvia wrote: "Melissa wrote: "Ok peeps, I can't get into this book!! What is going on? I loved the first one :-("

I haven't even tried yet and not sure if I will be able to. There are just too many other books ..."

I know what you mean. I still have all of these netgalleys to get done and the ones I want to read. I could scream. I just hope it gets better because I was hoping to finish it tomorrow. Don't know when I will start the last one since I'm having a hard time with this one. Ugggg

message 17: by Sylvia (new) - added it

Melissa wrote: "Sylvia wrote: "Melissa wrote: "Ok peeps, I can't get into this book!! What is going on? I loved the first one :-("

I haven't even tried yet and not sure if I will be able to. There are just too m..."

Ugh indeed!

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 1269 comments Melissa wrote: "Ok peeps, I can't get into this book!! What is going on? I loved the first one :-("

I know some people didn't like this one as much because it was very focused on the "war" aspect of the plot and everything happening in the other world. Personally, I liked it better than the first for those reasons, but I can see why others would have more difficulty getting into this one. I hope you stick with it though, the third book is epic!

message 19: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Elise | 188 comments omg i'm an idiot. I just went to mark dreams of gods & monsters as currently reading, as I started listening to it on a road trip over the weekend. I read them in the wrong freaking order and totally skipped this one. No wonder I was so confused. Epic fail

message 20: by Sylvia (new) - added it

Kelly wrote: "omg i'm an idiot. I just went to mark dreams of gods & monsters as currently reading, as I started listening to it on a road trip over the weekend. I read them in the wrong freaking order and tot..."

Oh no. So sorry that happened to you hun. Are you still going to read this?