Editors and Writers discussion

Quotes sought for editing

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I have three books, all of which need some love and care in order to be brought "home" (so to speak). Two of them were previously published, prematurely. These are:

Tales of the Stoneworld (105,796 words)

Spirit + Stone (106,348 words)

The Raven and The Ruby (98,173 words)

All I want is basically a look at the structure and some hints about how to tweak the story and get it "sellable". Some quotes or projections would be very appreciated. Either here or privately is fine. :D

message 2: by Lin (new)

Lin | 75 comments Mod
Hiya

I can't see from your profile whether they're likely to be in UK or US English (or some other variation!) but if you want a UK English editor I could take a look and give you a quote.

My business website is www.coinlea.co.uk, where you can see a little about my work and services. You'll see I offer a paid beta service which enables you to get an overview of your project and advice on what's needed next.

Good luck with your writing!

Lin

message 3: by Emily (new)

Emily (worldsokayestcatmom) | 17 comments Hey, Dean!

I offer editing services as well as beta reading services. Please take a look at my Facebook page (www.facebook.com/FreelanceBookwormEdi...) for rates and customer reviews, or email me at freelancebookwormediting@yahoo.com.

I will give you a sample edit of up to the first chapter for free to see if we would work well together! I hope to hear from you soon!

Emily

message 4: by Carol (new)

Carol Tietsworth | 194 comments Dear Dean:
I also offer proofreading and/or editing services. A beta read is nice, but editing can give you insight and suggestions on how to polish your manuscript. My rates are extremely reasonable. >003/word for proofreading, and .005/word for editing. I would require half to be paid before I start and the other half upon completion. I did a manuscript last week of 84,000 words and finished it completely in less than 7 days. Let me know -legal2b@yahoo.com

message 5: by P.N. (new)

P.N. Elrod (pnelrod) | 85 comments I tracked down your Facebook page on THE RAVEN AND THE RUBY and sent a private message with attachments.

Hope they're helpful.

P.N. Elrod

message 6: by Sheila (new)

Sheila Trask (sheilatrask) | 8 comments Hi, Dean,

I offer graduated services (paid beta, manuscript evaluation, and manuscript critique) through my website: www.sheilamtrask.com.

Drop me a line there or @ sheilatrask@hughes.net to talk about what would be the best fit for your book(s).

Sheila

message 7: by Teresa (new)

Teresa Kennedy | 61 comments Hey Dean, Substantive and developmental editing is a particular specialty of mine. I also do a LOT of work with fantasy authors and am happy to offer references. Why not shoot me a sample and let me have a look?
http://villagegreenpressLLC.com

message 8: by Karlie (new)

Karlie DeMarse | 14 comments Dean,

I enjoy working with editors of series, I like having the long term editor-writer relationship it fosters.
Sounds like you are looking for a developmental edit, not any kind of proofreading or copy editing, am I right?
I run a continuous deal for any new series. The first book is half off my regular rates. That works out to about $192 for the first book, which can be paid in installments if needed. We can negotiate the rates for the remainder of the series from there.
I am more than happy to offer a sample of my editing style if you would like to send ten pages of your choice. Let's see if we're a good fit!
If you would like to contact me directly, my email is drdemarse@gmail.com

Thank you,
Karlie

message 9: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (kenzismash) If you still haven't decided, my website is http://modernelektraediting.com - I do developmental and substantive edits, as twuell as proofing and copy editing.
Reaching me by my email is best - modernelektraediting@gmail.com

Thanks and good luck!

message 10: by J.M. (new)

J.M. Rankin (jmrankin) | 64 comments Hi Dean,

I am a fully qualified copy editor and proofreader, as well as a published author. I have certificates of competence and can always supply references when necessary. I have worked freelance with both authors and publishers alike for over seven years.

I currently offer to edit the first 1000 words for free, so that you can see how I work with a manuscript, and I charge £5 per 1000 words for full in-depth copy editing.

I hope this is helpful, but please feel free to contact me should you have any further questions, either through Goodreads or via my email: whitediamondedits[at]gmail.com. My website is www.whitediamondedits.wordpress.com.

Best wishes
Jacqui