What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > Widow, duke get married for convenience, nephew threatens to out them, they put him in the army

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jokienes (new)

Jokienes | 1 comments Hello,
I read this novel a long time ago and am hoping someone else has as well and remembers the name and the author.
It has a yellow cover with the hero and heroine hidden behind an umbrella (cartoon drawing). She is a widow, not necessarily in love with her former husband, but she was content. She is also from the gentile class, not part of the ton. He was a duke or at least part of the ton and very handsome. He (i can't remember clearly) also wrote novels for women under a female pen name, Mrs. something. They meet and decide to get married out of convenience. Later on her nephew by her first marriage finds out about their secret and tries to oust them at their ball unless they pay him. Instead they enlist him in the army and send him on his way...and thats all i can remember :(

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38154 comments Mod
What year did you read it? Paper book, ebook, online, other? What genre, romance, historical fiction, etc.? What country - England? What time period?

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Jokienes, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl wrote: "Jokienes, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.