Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

Non Interracial Book Discussions > What are your favorite emotional bookwrecks?

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Paganalexandria  | 4037 comments My reading habits are a bit emo. I can't be the only one that loves the angst-y romances the best. What books IR, or not, are your favorite mix of heartbreak, and romance?

message 2: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 7308 comments Mod
Well, I'm a huge Harlequin Presents fan, so I'm there. I admit I prefer my drama Harlequin Presents style.

What books would you consider angsty, then I can know what you're aiming at?

Paganalexandria  | 4037 comments I loved R.K. Lilley's Tristan & Danika series Bad Things (Tristan & Danika, #1) by R.K. Lilley Rock Bottom (Tristan & Danika, #2) by R.K. Lilley Lovely Trigger (Tristan & Danika #3) by R.K. Lilley - It was such a realistically messed up love story.

An IR that really got me was A Heart Not Easily Broken (The Butterfly Memoirs, #1) by M.J. Kane

One of my favorite is the Signal Bend series Move the Sun (Signal Bend, #1) by Susan Fanetti Behold the Stars (Signal Bend, #2) by Susan Fanetti . That biker series is the best mix of biker grit, lifestyle realness, and unpredictability.

message 4: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 7308 comments Mod
I think it's cathartic to read an emotional trainwreck book. I like the HP books because they take me there for a couple hours and I can finish them and go back to my life.

I'm a little squeamish about the biker subgenre, but do you think I'd like the Tristan and Danika books? I admit I don't care for cheating and stuff like that.

message 5: by Paganalexandria (last edited Apr 29, 2015 05:13PM) (new)

Paganalexandria  | 4037 comments Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) wrote: "I think it's cathartic to read an emotional trainwreck book. I like the HP books because they take me there for a couple hours and I can finish them and go back to my life.

I'm a little squeamish..."

You're not an erotica fan, so they might go a little far for you. It's not all official, Dominant and submissive, but they do have a real high heat factor.

message 6: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Okay. Thanks for the information.

message 7: by Megan (new)

Megan (meganscoils) | 674 comments Where We Belong by Emily Giffin has been my favorite book for the past 2 years now. Still brings out the same emotions.

Finding Bliss by Dina Silver had me on a roller coaster I didn't know where I was going.

I lost sleep for these books and I love sleep.

Paganalexandria  | 4037 comments Megan wrote: "...
I lost sleep for these books and I love sleep."

Megan that's the mark of a good book, reading to the wee hours, knowing you have stuff to do the next day. lol

message 9: by Megan (new)

Megan (meganscoils) | 674 comments ^^^ They are the best! I remember saying I was going to bed at set time for Where We Belong and saw the sunrise! I may or may not have skipped a birthday lunch for a friend with Finding Bliss.

message 10: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (last edited Oct 31, 2015 02:51PM) (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3396 comments Mod
The Bronze Horseman tore my heart out, slammed it against the wall, then stomped on it before kicking it across the room. I love books like that and have been searching for another one ever since, LOL!

The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1) by Paullina Simons

Paganalexandria  | 4037 comments Michelle wrote: "The Bronze Horseman tore my heart out, slammed it against the wall, the stomped on it before kicking it across the room. I love books like that and have been searching for another one ever since, L..."

Michelle I have heard some good things about that book.

message 12: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3396 comments Mod
Paganalexandria **wicked juices bubbling over** wrote: "Michelle wrote: "The Bronze Horseman tore my heart out, slammed it against the wall, the stomped on it before kicking it across the room. I love books like that and have been searching for another ..."

I loved it. It's one of the best books I've ever read in terms of character development. If you ever read it, let me know. There's 2 more books that complete the story and I have yet to read them.

message 13: by Tina (new)

Tina | 1375 comments Cry No More by Linda Howard by Linda Howard. Should be called 'Cry throughout the whole damn book.' At least it ends in happy tears.

Goodnight, Beautiful by Dorothy Koomson by Dorothy Koomson. I get emotional just putting the title in the search box.

Paganalexandria  | 4037 comments An IR that that tore me up in a good way was Promise to Keep by Priscilla Poole Rainwater

message 15: by Ladyamelia (new)

Ladyamelia | 173 comments For You (The 'Burg, #1) by Kristen Ashley I cried like a baby while reading this book but it was sooo good!

Paganalexandria  | 4037 comments Ladyamelia wrote: "For You (The 'Burg, #1) by Kristen Ashley I cried like a baby while reading this book but it was sooo good!"

There are so many KA yet for me to explore.

message 17: by It's Me - Yvette (new)

It's Me - Yvette (yvette1000) | 6 comments Michelle wrote: "The Bronze Horseman tore my heart out, slammed it against the wall, then stomped on it before kicking it across the room. I love books like that and have been searching for another one ever since, ..."

I so totally agree with your comment, Michelle. This book had me crying and I hardly ever cry. It was just good. If you like the BDSM genre, I also loved Ice Queen (Nature of Desire, #3) by Joey W. Hill and Mirror of My Soul (Nature of Desire, #4) by Joey W. Hill . In fact, I may have to re-read these soon.

This trilogy totally rocked my world. I can't begin to do this justice. The Man I Love (The Fish Tales, #1) by Suanne Laqueur , Give Me Your Answer True (The Fish Tales, #2) by Suanne Laqueur and Here to Stay (The Fish Tales, #3) by Suanne Laqueur . I recommend that everyone read these. I dare you not to get lost in the prose of the writing and the storyline! Its "over the top" good.

message 18: by It's Me - Yvette (new)

It's Me - Yvette (yvette1000) | 6 comments Paganalexandria **wicked juices bubbling over** wrote: "I loved R.K. Lilley's Tristan & Danika series Bad Things (Tristan & Danika, #1) by R.K. LilleyRock Bottom (Tristan & Danika, #2) by R.K. LilleyLovely Trigger (Tristan & Danika #3) by R.K. Lilley - It was such a realistically messed up love story.
..."

Tristan and Dannika broke my heart. I felt like these were real people. Also, loved Signal Bend series, too. These get my stamp of approval, too!

message 19: by It's Me - Yvette (new)

It's Me - Yvette (yvette1000) | 6 comments Michelle wrote: "Paganalexandria **wicked juices bubbling over** wrote: "Michelle wrote: "The Bronze Horseman tore my heart out, slammed it against the wall, the stomped on it before kicking it across the room. I l..."

I did read the two follow-up books in the Bronze Horseman (Tatiana/Alexander) trilogy. I think you'll enjoy these too. You'll be happy to follow what happens with Tatiana and Alexander.

message 20: by Mochaspresso (new)

Mochaspresso  | 51 comments I used to call them my hot mess books, bu I think I like emotional train wreck better.

I like the coincidence series by Jessica Sorensen. The first book in the series is....

The Coincidence of Callie & Kayden (The Coincidence, #1) by Jessica Sorensen

Paganalexandria  | 4037 comments All of you are giving some new books to add to the pile. Thanks.

message 22: by Erica (new)

Erica Miles | 7 comments Hi, Paganalexandria.

I don't know how to get on the Interracial Romance A to Z Challenge list. But if you happen to have a vacancy for D, please add: Dazzled by Darkness: A Story of Art & Desire - Erica Miles - 03 13/16.

Thanks!

Erica

message 23: by Erica (new)

Erica Miles | 7 comments P.S. Dazzled by Darkness is extraordinarily angsty. It's a heart-breaking romance. Some of my critical friends wouldn't even call it a romance, because it didn't have the requisite happy ending. It will definitely tear your heart out.