The Vagrant (The Vagrant, #1) The Vagrant discussion

Putting This Here for the Publisher and Author

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mike (last edited May 25, 2015 03:10PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mike I'm taking the time to provide some feedback to the publisher and author. I had this shelved on my to be read list but immediately removed it upon seeing the $20 kindle price on Amazon. The hardcover is listed as cheaper. There are too many authors out there whom I already read and love that sale their works at a much more inexpensive price. Also, you have a two star rating on amazon and it appears that it is simply due to the price. No one is giving your work a chance based on that alone. Me included. Please contact me if you make this available at a reasonable price and I'll recomsider purchasing. Thanks.

message 2: by Peter (new)

Peter Newman Hi Mike, thanks for getting in touch. I'm afraid The Vagrant isn't currently out in the US. As I understand it, a US Kindle version should never have been put up. It's been 'taken down' now but only in so far as you can't buy it. The listing remains visible (though if you click to buy it you can't). And yes, a lot of people were very angry about the price and made it known on Amazon US. I'm hoping that at some point it will come out in the US and at that point an ebook version with a more sensible price will become available. *crosses fingers* Best wishes, Peter

message 3: by Mike (last edited Jun 06, 2015 05:02PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mike Thanks Peter. I'm definitely interested in reading your work. Hopefully others read this and understand what occurred. It's a shame that it has happened because I know many use Amazon (and Goodreads) to determine if they'll purchase something. Thankfully, most of the low reviews state they are rating as such due to the price. You might consider putting out a blog post or GR post stating what you've told me here. Best of luck and please keep us informed as to when the US ebook version will be out. Thanks again.

Kathleen Minde Mike--when the publisher decided to make the Kindle version basically untouchable (moronic move on their part) and Amazon was unable to fulfill my hard cover request (WTF, I thought they were godlike and could fulfill your every wish) I searched overseas.

I found The Book Depository. You can purchase The Vagrant and have it shipped free. The price is justifiable and the author receives the profit he very richly deserves.

Peter--thank you for writing a book that blew my mind. Everyone raves about the goat, but the baby and the Vagrant both stole my heart. You had me with the eyebrow game.

Mike Kathleen wrote: "Mike--when the publisher decided to make the Kindle version basically untouchable (moronic move on their part) and Amazon was unable to fulfill my hard cover request (WTF, I thought they were godli..."

Thanks, Kathleen. I actually have it now. I just finished The Shadow Of What Was Lost (amazing by the way) and was contemplating what to read next.

I think I'll start this because if your comment regarding it.

;)

message 6: by Peter (new)

Peter Newman *Beams* Thanks Kathleen. That's made my morning!