Horror Aficionados discussion

Buddy Reads > The Offspring by JN Williamson

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments Starting this on the 30th. Who wants to join? So far it's Robert and me:) Feel free to join. I have quite a collection so this might turn out go be the JN Williamson buddy read thread:)

message 2: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments Oops! Sorry I meant Ken. Though if there's a Robert out there come join us...lol.

message 3: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments I haven't started this yet. Hoping some peeps will join.

message 4: by Marc-Antoine (new)

Marc-Antoine | 2888 comments I just finished this one last month, I will definitely be lurking and throwing in a few comments. Should be a quick read for you, I read it in a day or two.

message 5: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments Wish I cud just sit and read but these kids of mine make it hard. I might just read a chapter or 2 a day for whoever wants to join me. Lurkers are welcome:)

message 6: by 11811 (Eleven) (new)

11811 (Eleven) (11811) | 1561 comments Lurking is the least I can do. The very least.

message 7: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments Ok. I'm gonna go ahead and read. Hopefully ken remembers to start this. At least I've got some lurkers:)

message 8: by Marc-Antoine (new)

Marc-Antoine | 2888 comments Addy wrote: "Ok. I'm gonna go ahead and read. Hopefully ken remembers to start this. At least I've got some lurkers:)"

I'm curious, Addy, have you read Off Season?

message 9: by 11811 (Eleven) (new)

11811 (Eleven) (11811) | 1561 comments I thought this was the Ketchum book. My bad. I haven't read this one yet. I'll check my library.

message 10: by Marc-Antoine (new)

Marc-Antoine | 2888 comments 11811 (Eleven) wrote: "I thought this was the Ketchum book. My bad. I haven't read this one yet. I'll check my library."

Wow, as did I. Sorry, Addy.

message 11: by 11811 (Eleven) (new)

11811 (Eleven) (11811) | 1561 comments And that's a negative.

message 12: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments I should have put the author's name. Maybe I'll edit it...lol. It's a hard one to find. Prob why nobody is joining.

message 13: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments Pretty good start if you are into ancient religions and mummies, which I am:)

message 14: by 11811 (Eleven) (new)

11811 (Eleven) (11811) | 1561 comments I love mummies.

message 15: by Marc-Antoine (new)

Marc-Antoine | 2888 comments It coincides well with Mummies Day on Sunday...

message 16: by 11811 (Eleven) (new)

11811 (Eleven) (11811) | 1561 comments Ha!

message 17: by Kenneth (new)

Kenneth McKinley | 1515 comments Mod
Sorry to be late for the party, but I finally finished all my other reads that I was involved in. You now have my undivided attention, Addy!

message 18: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments Yay! I've only read the prologue so no worries:)

message 19: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments Ch6 I'm dying to know what Lynn looks like!

message 20: by Kenneth (new)

Loved the prologue. It opened up so many possibilities for the story to go. Can't wait to see where he takes us.

message 21: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments I made it to part 2. It's getting interesting. I really can't wait to see if Lynn will be revealed.

message 22: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments There is lots of speculation still about Lynn. I'm on ch10(view spoiler)

message 23: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments Part 3 and not a whole lot going on but still enjoyable. Let's see if things pick up a bit.

message 24: by Kenneth (new)

Just started Ch 9. That grandfather is a real buzzkill for the holidays, or anytime for that matter.

message 25: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments Yes, he's a horrible man. Let me know what you think of ch13. Thought it was pretty cool!

message 26: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments I rec

message 27: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments I recently acquired Ghost Mansion, The Dentist, and Moonspell. Would u be interested in continuing this thread with another book from JN?

message 28: by Kenneth (new)

I'd love to. I have Noonspell, Evil Offspring, Dead to the World, The Tulpa, Premonition, Ghost, The Night Seasons, The Longest Night, The Banished, and Playmates by JN that I need to read. I'll let you pick since I did for this one.

message 29: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments I'd love to read The Banished. I think it's about aliens.

message 30: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments Never mind. I got that one mixed up with brother kind. I'll have to go back and see what I have.

message 31: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments Ok. Let's read Premonition:) I'm gonna try and finish this one up today.

message 32: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments Ch16 was a surprise!

message 33: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments I don't know why it's taking me so long to finish but I got 2 chapters left. I'll write my final thoughts tomorrow. Where r u at?

message 34: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments Finished this one though(view spoiler)

message 35: by Kenneth (new)

Chapter 18. Things are going to hell in this house.

message 36: by Kenneth (new)

I was disappointed in the ending, as well. I liked his writing style and the atmosphere was creepy. I think the premise was interesting, but the explanation/unmasking at the end left me with more questions than answers. I've learned with Williamson, much like Charles Grant, it's more about the ride than the destination.

message 37: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments I completely agree. Still, it was a pretty good ride.