Brandon Sanderson Community discussion

Questions > best Brandon sanderson work in your opinion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 78 (78 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Yousef (new)

Yousef Al-Abed | 13 comments stormlight archive

message 2: by Graff (new)

Graff Fuller (graff_fuller) | 7 comments Well, I am unqualified for this, since I have yet to read the Stormlight Archive books. BUT, out of the 15 books, novellas and short stories that I have read of his, I have to say it is the Mistborn Series, especially Mistborn: The Final Empire (though the books got better…the first one set the trend). He is an amazing author, nice person and I hope he lives a VERY long life. I also hope that I live long too, since I am older than him…so I can read all his works (may not happen), but I can only hope.

message 3: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Rader | 44 comments I am also going to have to vote for the Stormlight Archive. The sheer depth and scope of the story is just amazing.

message 4: by Marcus (new)

Marcus | 41 comments I have not read it yet....but from what the reviews imply.... storm light archive...

I will wait to read it. because it takes him so long to publish one other s.l.a. books... and I'm inpatient .

message 5: by TS (new)

TS Chan (tschan) | 25 comments The Stormlight Archive for sure!

Aside from Stormlight, I will say The Emperor's Soul.

message 6: by Caleb (new)

Caleb Powers (calebmpowers) The Way of Kings, forever an always.

message 7: by Pamela. (new)

Pamela. (bookeater77) | 1 comments Mine is the Stormlight archives. He is such an amazing author. Or the way of the Kings: awesome.

message 8: by Michael (new)

Michael Lavin | 47 comments Reading stormlight archives but so far Mistborn!

message 9: by Michael (new)

Michael Lavin | 47 comments Reading stormlight archives but so far Mistborn!

message 10: by Bryan (new)

Bryan | 7 comments I would have to say Stormlight Archive. Though I have read most of his published work and it is all phenomenal. Mistborn is really good too.

message 11: by Matt (new)

Matt | 4 comments Way of Kings easily, runner up for me is Warbreaker.

message 12: by Beko (new)

Beko (bekostormblessed) | 5 comments Between Stormlight archive and the emperor's soul

message 13: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Harju | 8 comments The Way Of Kings, best by far. :) Words of Radiance was a bit of a disappointment tho.

message 14: by Yousef (new)

Yousef Al-Abed | 13 comments Christopher wrote: "The Way Of Kings, best by far. :) Words of Radiance was a bit of a disappointment tho."

Why

message 15: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Harju | 8 comments I felt that the characters did not match the characters in WoK, kinda like their inner voice, they way they think, act and feel. My interpretation was thar sanderaon might have spent too much time writing other books. Also I felt that kaladin and his bridge 4, didnt get any progression, instead regressing backwards. The ending was also abit rushed, and didnt match the pacing of WoK. But I rated it 4 stars, so it was a good book by all means, but it wasnt on the same par as WoK.

message 16: by Yousef (new)

Yousef Al-Abed | 13 comments Christopher wrote: "I felt that the characters did not match the characters in WoK, kinda like their inner voice, they way they think, act and feel. My interpretation was thar sanderaon might have spent too much time ..."

I really liked the ending, overall wor is silghtly better in my opinion

message 17: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 15 comments Of the twenty or so works I've read I would have to say The Way of Kings is my favorite. Words of Radiance may be a second place, but I've never been disappoineted by any of his novels so ranking them is difficult.

message 18: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Harju | 8 comments Well im glad u liked it better, I guess we all read books with different eyes! :)

message 19: by Tosh (new)

Tosh | 24 comments Stormlight Archive for sure, but all his books are great.

message 20: by MCZ (new)

MCZ | 1 comments Stormlight Books are easy the best. Alloy of Law close second. Then Mistborn and Warbreaker.

message 21: by Morgan (new)

Morgan Vester | 1 comments Words of Radiance, it was just so epic! The way of Kings was a little bit slow in my opinion. But since wor was the sequel, it could continue the story so much faster.

message 22: by Luke (new)

Luke | 132 comments Words of Radiance is my favorite, followed by tWoK and then Warbreaker. Mistborn and Alloy actually rank near the bottom of the list for me, but they're still great reads.

message 23: by Igor (new)

Igor (igork) | 12 comments The Stormlight Archive without question as number one.
Mistborn is 2nd best, especially the first three books since the series will continue in different timeline or era.

message 24: by Evanreader1999 (new)

Evanreader1999 | 2 comments mistborn

message 25: by Evanreader1999 (new)

Evanreader1999 | 2 comments but i must say stormlight might take that place

message 26: by Aida (new)

Aida | 2 comments i think words of radiance, then way of kings, then hero of ages, then mistborn, then warbreaker, then well of ascension, then alloy of law

message 27: by Yousef (new)

Yousef Al-Abed | 13 comments Aida wrote: "i think words of radiance, then way of kings, then hero of ages, then mistborn, then warbreaker, then well of ascension, then alloy of law"

Just use numbers

message 28: by Yousef (new)

Yousef Al-Abed | 13 comments Aida wrote: "i think words of radiance, then way of kings, then hero of ages, then mistborn, then warbreaker, then well of ascension, then alloy of law"

Just use numbers

message 29: by Siggi (new)

Siggi Bach | 5 comments A memory of light, though its both Sanderson and Jordan. But Sanderson gave the Wheel of time series a kindling of excitement and finished them amazingly! But of his own work I would say Stormlight series so far but fast on it heels is Stephen Leeds! Legion!

message 30: by Siggi (new)

Siggi Bach | 5 comments A memory of light, though its both Sanderson and Jordan. But Sanderson gave the Wheel of time series a kindling of excitement and finished them amazingly! But of his own work I would say Stormlight series so far but fast on it heels is Stephen Leeds! Legion!

message 31: by Siggi (new)

message 32: by Siggi (new)

Siggi Bach | 5 comments Sorry for the multiple post! Phone running a little slow!

message 33: by Jake (new)

Jake Snyder | 1 comments Stormlight Archive
Mistborn Trilogy (first one)

message 34: by Tony (new)

Tony (supergt2006) | 6 comments Stormlight Archive books
then mistborns books
the reckoners series is good for what it is

message 35: by Hashim (new)

Hashim (hashimaban) | 8 comments Stormlight Archive hands down, I was blown away by the magic system, and the world building is second to none (the only series that comes close to it would be the Wheel of Time). Definitely in top 3 book series for me.

message 36: by Slick (new)

Slick | 73 comments Stormlight Archive words cannot describe the absolute awe i feel for this series...until DragonSteel anyway ;)

message 37: by Donna (new)

Donna | 23 comments I love Stormlight, but as it has a ways to go, Mistborn would be my favourite Sanderson.

message 38: by Ramiro (new)

Ramiro Vera Rodriguez (ramiroo) | 1 comments Words of Radiance is one of the books that I couldn't put down, I read all in 3 days, it was amazing.

message 39: by Blake (last edited Sep 14, 2015 07:59AM) (new)

Blake Heim | 4 comments The Stormlight Archive! I don't count the books as individual because it is one story. I know all five of the first half of books are not written, but this is panning out to be my all time favorite of any book or series. I loved the Wheel of time and that is how I got into Brandon, but I think this will surpass it in quality.

I do have a special place in my heart for An Alloy of Law. It had so many thing that I like in a story. Can't wait for the rest!

message 40: by Blake (new)

Blake Heim | 4 comments Graff wrote: "Well, I am unqualified for this, since I have yet to read the Stormlight Archive books. BUT, out of the 15 books, novellas and short stories that I have read of his, I have to say it is the Mistbor..."

Yousef wrote: "stormlight archive"

You need to read the Stormlight Archive. If you like him at all, they are a must read!

message 41: by Slick (new)

Slick | 73 comments Stormligh Archive is his masterpiece....he has been working on it since he pretty much started writing..

It is just beyond anything i have ever read..

message 42: by Mugzy (new)

Mugzy (mugzys) | 3 comments Despite having only started to read Sanderson, I say Stormlight Archive. I just finished Elantris and am currently work on the Mistborn series, but for now Stormlight Archive all the way :)

Brenda ╰☆╮    (brnda) | 10 comments YES!
Stormlight Archive!

I like how he finished up Words of Radiance. Like in life there is more to come, but this chapter is done.
:)

I

Layla ✷ Praise the sun ✷ | 5 comments I cannot currently imagine any better book than
Words of Radiance. It totally blew my mind and I started to re-read it the moment I had finished it.

message 45: by Slick (new)

Slick | 73 comments Everybody who doesn't think Stormlight really must be high haha XD

message 46: by Brenda ╰☆╮ (last edited Oct 15, 2015 09:06AM) (new)

Brenda ╰☆╮    (brnda) | 10 comments Slick wrote: "Everybody who doesn't think Stormlight really must be high haha XD"

Or...haven't read it!

Though it's just the beginning, the first two books finish satisfactorily.

message 47: by Tony (new)

Tony (supergt2006) | 6 comments If he can keep the quality where it was on the first 2 books, it will for sure rival some of the best series out there.
Currently read the Malazan Empire books and they are awesome as well.

message 48: by Jack (new)

Jack | 37 comments stormlight archive

message 49: by Jack (new)

Jack | 37 comments lets just hope he can keep up the writing quality

message 50: by ZeN (new)

ZeN  (adonalsium) series? Stormlight Archive

Book? Words of Radiance

« previous 1