Bookish Brits Book Club discussion

MAY BOOK CLUB - Buffalo Soldier by Tanya Landman and When Mr Dog Bites by Brian Conaghan

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Michelle (Fluttering Butterflies) (cloveryness) For the month of May, we will be reading both Buffalo Soldier by Tanya Landman and When Mr Dog Bites by Brian Conaghan.

This is a mini-Carnegie shadowing as both titles have been shortlisted this year. Do let me know if you're taking part this month and let us know your thoughts and comments on these very different books!

message 2: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Moore (michellebcf) I'm hoping to star When Mr Dog Bites very soon

Michelle (Fluttering Butterflies) (cloveryness) So glad to hear it, Michelle :)

message 4: by Chelley (new)

Chelley Toy (talesofyesterday) I've just ordered When Mr Dog Bites from the bookshop! Looking forward to joining in.

Michelle (Fluttering Butterflies) (cloveryness) Michelle wrote: "I've just ordered When Mr Dog Bites from the bookshop! Looking forward to joining in."

That's great to hear, Michelle! I've just finished When Mr Dog Bites and really enjoyed it.

message 6: by Chelley (new)

Chelley Toy (talesofyesterday) I've been intrigued about reading it for a while so this has given me the push to get a move in :-) ... Glad to hear you enjoyed :-)

Rachael (pagesofpiper) (piperbunny) How spoilery can we get with our discussions?

When Mr Dog Bites - I've finished this one and I did like it but I did struggle getting into it. I loved the relationships between the characters :)

Buffalo Soldier - I'm currently reading this and I'm about half way through and oh my goodness, I'm really enjoying it. The struggles the main characters has gone through breaks my heart and yet she's a strong as ever :)

I have to say I've really enjoyed the Carnegie list this year, I'd definitely recommend the books on it.