Book Marketing for Authors discussion

Social Media Tips for Authors

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marsha (new)

Marsha Friedman | 5 comments Writing a book requires time, focus, and plenty of work – believe me, I know! My own book, Celebritize Yourself, was one of the biggest projects I’ve undertaken and, because of that, one of my proudest accomplishments.

Because I’ve been working with authors since I launched my business in 1990, I knew that marketing Celebritize Yourself would require the same dedication that writing it took. But for many of the authors I talk to, that comes as a surprise.

One of the easiest places to start is with social media. Here’s why:

*It can give you a vast audience of potential customers.
*It doesn’t require you to woo gatekeepers, like editors and TV producers, to share your story. Anyone can launch a social media account.
*It’s excellent for reaching niche audiences. From making connections among certain interest groups to targeting key demographics with low-cost social media ads, you can create a very precise strategy.
*It keeps you in front of your audience day after day, so that when people are ready to buy, you’re right there.
*A large following enhances your credibility with both the general public, traditional media and important “influencers” – people and organizations that have respect and clout.

If you’re just getting started on social media or looking to expand your presence, here are some things you should do:

http://emsincorporated.com/social-med...

message 2: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 61 comments Thanks for sharing Marsha! These are very helpful as not everyone really knows how to use social media to their advantage.

message 3: by Carmela (new)

Carmela (alem0007) | 1 comments Thank you Marsha! This is really informative.