Vaginal Fantasy Book Club discussion

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 10 comments Hello! I use Audible.com for audiobooks that I listen to at work everyday. I'm trying to find a good book similar to Kushiels Dart series, adventure, intrigue, plot twists, world building, romance with adult content. I'd be open to any fantasy or futuristic setting, I really need something that is not young adult or urban fantasy. Does anyone know an audiobook that would fit this?

Thank you!!

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy | 31 comments The Name of the Wind and Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss are probably the best audiobooks I've ever listened to. The narrator is just amazing and the books are very long so they are well worth the price. The world building and intrigue are fantastic. Not much in the romance with adult content in those two books - maybe when the third in the series is released? However, I don't notice the lack of it.

Personally, I find audiobooks with sexy times not as good as if you read them. Most of the time, it just makes the scene funny or awkward rather than sexy. Therefore, the only recommendation I have in that area would be in the Kushiel's Dart world (the Namaah Triology).

message 3: by Moarbooxpls (new)

Moarbooxpls | 18 comments The Nightrunner series by Lynn Flewelling, if you don't mind the romance being m/m. Not a lot of graphic adult content and it does start with the main character as a teen, but it doesn't stay there. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7...

message 4: by 3crazees (new)

3crazees | 4 comments The Black Jewels series by Anne Bishop. Not quite as explicit in the sex scenes as Kushiel, but still very steamy. The hierarchy of the world, the balance between men and women and the way it shifts through the books, makes this one of my favorite fantasy worlds. If you're looking for more steam and less setting there's always the Anne Rice Beauty series.

message 5: by Maya (new)

Maya Adkins (mayaeliz) | 1 comments Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series are great audiobooks. Full of adventure, and romance plus the narrator is excellent, even better than the narrator for Kushiel's Dart.

message 6: by Allison (new)

Allison | 1 comments Deborah Harkness' Discovery of Witches is an good option. It's a trilogy and is well narrated

message 7: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 10 comments Thank you everyone! The Kushiels Dart series is actually my favorite Amy!! I should probably give the Black Jewels series another try, I tried it once & couldn't get into it. Outlander is also amazing, but I'm looking for something more like the setting of Kushiels Dart, not modern or time travel. I just listened to Ink Mage, that was unique, short but good. Thanks for the suggestions everyone! If anyone knows a book comparable to Kushiels Dart please let me know.. I'm pretty sure that series has spoiled me forever :D

message 8: by Cori (new)

Cori (coridomschot) | 8 comments If you like Kushiels Dart you might like the Anita Blake series by Laurel K Hamilton. The first couple books aren't very romance/adult but it gets VERY adult later.

message 9: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 10 comments Haha that was actually my original favorite series. I've read those several times :D good call! Very different genre then kushiel though, I'm trying to find something that isn't urban or post apocalyptic.