FoCo Readers discussion

Book Club > Next book club theme: GRAPHIC NOVELS

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Beth (new)

Beth (bethany_rainbow) | 140 comments Mod
Let's read a graphic novel! They are a little more pricey but I'll do my best to get cheaper copies. Also, they tend to be quick reads, so we can always share copies. What graphic novels do you think we should read/discuss???

message 2: by Jane (new)

Jane | 49 comments So many to choose from! My favorites are Chris Ware "Billy Corrigan" series, Lynda Barry "What it Is", Charles Burns "Black Hole", and Daniel Clowes "Ghost World" .
Abe did a list recently: http://www.abebooks.com/books/feature...

message 3: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 14 comments I like Jane's suggestions! Here's some others: I've wanted to read Maus since forever, and my brother (my go-to expert on all things sequential art) suggested Petrograd by Phllip Gelatt and From Hell by Alan Moore. I really enjoyed Exit Wounds by Rutu Modan and Curses by Kevin Huizenga, and they might lead to some interesting discussions.

message 4: by Evan (new)

Evan | 118 comments I second What It Is. I've been wanting to read that for awhile.

message 5: by Maria (new)

Maria (missmia277) | 39 comments I second Maus. I have been wanting to read V for Vendetta by Alan Moore for a really long time. I think it would also be relevant in the sense of revolutions and stuff.

message 7: by Beth (new)

Okay, here's the poll: https://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/1...

I tried to just choose ones that were around $10. Feel free to write-in options as well (just do an amazon/abe search to make sure it's available).

message 8: by Beth (new)

Also, I'm ordering a copy of the other graphic novels for people to check out during their shifts.

message 9: by Brian (new)

Brian Park | 3 comments Im interested in V for Vendetta in particular, thanks