Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Author Resource Round Table > Looking to promote your work for free?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alex (new)

Alex | 7 comments Kindle Owl is an email newsletter service which sends subscribers daily emails with eBook deals tailored to their personal reading tastes. We are currently selecting authors to promote via the newsletter. To promote your book in the coming week, please visit http:www.kindleowl.com

Thanks!

message 2: by Cathy (new)

Cathy Bryant (authorcathybryant) | 5 comments Alex wrote: "Kindle Owl is an email newsletter service which sends subscribers daily emails with eBook deals tailored to their personal reading tastes. We are currently selecting authors to promote via the news..."

Thank you, Alex.

message 3: by Christine (last edited Apr 27, 2015 02:42PM) (new)

Christine Hayton (ccmhayton) | 324 comments How does the site make money? Do the users pay? There is no association with Amazon/Kindle - curious about who runs the site and who makes the decisions about which books to promote.

message 4: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Kaplan | 140 comments From their website:

"Kindle Owl is free but it won't be forever. For now we're more interested in getting our service running perfectly before we begin charging. In the interest of transparency, this is likely to happen some time around July of this year. Until then we will do all we can to promote you book free of charge. If you're a reader however, Kindle Owl will be free forever. You can change your preferences at any time. "

I'm not associated with this website in any way. I just went and browsed it.

message 5: by G.G. (new)

G.G. (ggatcheson) | 491 comments Only sales? What if your book is a perma 99 cents?

message 6: by Dennis (new)

Dennis Kitainik I think it's a good idea, but I'll first have to re-categorize my book -- it's in general fiction, so it would be too hard to find as it is.

message 7: by Groovy (new)

Groovy Lee | 1 comments I read a part that said "bestsellers". Can any author submit their book? Or does it have to fit the 5 star rating, on the bestseller's list?

message 8: by F.J. (new)

F.J. Hansen (fjhansen) | 25 comments "We will only accept books ... with at least three positive reviews."

Under Basic Rules:

"2. We would prefer it if your book had at least ten positive reviews already, on whichever site it is represented on."

So, which is it?

And, for an author struggling to get noticed, ANY review is hard to come by.

message 9: by Alex (new)

Alex | 7 comments Apologies F.J., that was a clerical error on our part. The issue has now been fixed.

message 10: by Emmanuelle (new)

Emmanuelle Maupassant (emmanuelledemaupassant) Alex wrote: "Kindle Owl is an email newsletter service which sends subscribers daily emails with eBook deals tailored to their personal reading tastes. We are currently selecting authors to promote via the news..."

Hello Alex
Do you accept promotions in any genre? Amazon itself does not promote works in the genre of erotic literature (for fear of giving offence). Do you have the same policy?

message 11: by Alex (new)

Alex | 7 comments Hi Emmanuelle,

Absolutely not, we're willing to promote just about anything, so long as it's a good read!

Regards,

Alex.

message 12: by Dennis (new)

Dennis Kitainik Do the 10 reviews all have to be on Amazon? Because my book has 10 positive reviews, but not all of them are on Amazon.