Love Inspired Heartsong Presents discussion

Dating the Best Man
This topic is about Dating the Best Man
LI Heartsong Presents Author Q&A > April 27-29 Q&A with Gail Sattler

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Narelle (new)

Narelle (narelle_atkins) | 264 comments Welcome to our author Q&A with Gail Sattler.

Gail Sattler lives on the west coast where it's warm most of the time, and where you don't have to shovel rain, which suits her just fine.

Gail hasn't always been a writer, but once she started she couldn't stop. In her first six years of writing she had already received a lifetime achievement award, and after writing dozens of books, shows no signs of slowing down.

When she's not writing, Gail plays bass guitar for her church's worship team, proudly showing off her pink guitar strap as a statement that a woman really can play bass.

Gail has been happily married for over 25 years, and in addition to her husband and three sons, she shares the house with two dogs, five lizards, three tropical fish, one toad and a Degu named Bess.

Gail’s latest book, Dating the Best Man, is an April 2015 release.

Dating the Best Man by Gail Sattler

Could Cory Bellanger Be More Than a Friend?

The tall, dark and handsome forest ranger has a way of making Daphne Carruthers feel safe. Her brother's buddy is also awakening feelings deeper than friendship. Daphne wants to believe in the future Cory's offering, but first she must come to terms with her painful past.

Helping Daphne recover from a difficult relationship, Cory knows he has to be careful where her heart is concerned. And Cory is hiding a secret of his own that could destroy the fragile trust they're starting to build. Can he stop their pasts from sabotaging their future together—and convince Daphne he's the best man for her?

Welcome, Gail! I’m going to open the floor for our readers to ask questions and start our discussion.

message 2: by June (new)

June | 213 comments Hi Gail! I have loved your books from day one. You are the sort of author that when a new shipment of books came in, yours was the first one I would read because I knew it was going to be funny and entertaining, along with being a great and serious story. I am really looking forward to reading this one. It looks like a great one.

What are your plans after this book?

message 3: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Sparkes (wendysparkes) | 71 comments Oh a forest ranger sounds like a good hero! What idea sparked this story?

message 4: by Gail (new)

Gail Sattler | 26 comments Hi June! I'm not sure what my plans are yet. I've teamed up with a bunch of authors to release an independent ebook set that is due to come out July 1st. I've been thinking of doing ebooks to continue a couple of other series as well - the Men Of Praise from years back, now that they are all out in ebook now, and then another Mennonite book. There's always going to be something. :)

message 5: by Gail (new)

Gail Sattler | 26 comments Hi Wendy! Cory is a big strong guy, and likes his solitary time, so I was thinking, what would a guy like that love as a job, and Forest Ranger just seemed like he perfect job for him, and you know what, he agreed. :)

message 6: by Linda (new)

Linda Glaz | 69 comments Gail, your books are just always such an awesome read. I enjoy your characters so much. So full of sass and fun.

message 7: by Mary (new)

Mary Hawkins | 10 comments Gail wrote: "Hi June! I'm not sure what my plans are yet. I've teamed up with a bunch of authors to release an independent ebook set that is due to come out July 1st. I've been thinking of doing ebooks to conti..."

Hi, Gail, who would have thought all those years ago when our Heartsong titles were first published they could again be available as e-books. I think I've read all yours but hope this set happens too.

message 8: by June (new)

June | 213 comments Linda wrote: "Gail, your books are just always such an awesome read. I enjoy your characters so much. So full of sass and fun."

Great way to describe Gail's books, Linda. Sass and fun!!!! I don't know how she does it, but time after time her characters are just so fun to love.

message 9: by June (new)

June | 213 comments Gail, I just finished Dating the Best Man. Loved it. I loved Cory's heart, the tender way he treated Daphne in her moments of pain. And Daphne was such a trooper once she decided it was time to move forward. What sensitive issues to write about but you did an awesome job. Are you planning to write Rick's story sometime in the future? He's a feisty one. :) But I know he must have a heartbreaking story of his own to become that way.

I look forward to more of your books, wherever they come from!!!

message 10: by Val (new)

Val | 9 comments Ms. Gail,
Love your work have for a long time. Any new books coming out I should be on the lookout for?

Val

message 11: by Melody (new)

Melody | 136 comments Sass and fun are my kind of characters! :) This looks fabulous!

message 12: by Gail (new)

Gail Sattler | 26 comments Thanks! I'm glad you enjoy them. :)

message 13: by Gail (new)

Gail Sattler | 26 comments :)

message 14: by Gail (new)

Gail Sattler | 26 comments Fun. Yup. :)

message 15: by Gail (new)

Gail Sattler | 26 comments Yes, I am planning to write Rick's story soon. I'm not sure yet how, but it will happen. :)

message 16: by Gail (new)

Gail Sattler | 26 comments The next thing I've got planned is an ebook novella in a set with 5 other authors, coming out in July. Title is Mistletoe Springs. It will be available on Amazon.

message 17: by June (new)

June | 213 comments Is your novella titled Mistletoe Springs or the whole set? I'd like to watch for that one.

message 18: by Gail (new)

Gail Sattler | 26 comments That's the name of the set. When it releases I'll have a link from my website. :) I hope you enjoy it. :)

message 19: by Mary (new)

Mary Hawkins | 10 comments Looking forward to reading more of your books, Gail. "Life" has been hectic and that TBR pile of books seem to be getting higher though.

message 20: by Gail (new)

Gail Sattler | 26 comments Mary wrote: "Looking forward to reading more of your books, Gail. "Life" has been hectic and that TBR pile of books seem to be getting higher though."

Yes, my TBR pile is the same. I'm glad to be in your pile. :)