Aussie Readers discussion

SHE COMPLETES ME
This topic is about SHE COMPLETES ME
Our Authors Spotlight > Hi my Name is Nina

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nina (new)

Nina | 13 comments My name is Nina and last night i have published my first book on amazon. Its called She completes me. I have decided to try and inform people who love reading and love writing, myself, since i dont have an agent or any income currently to do any other promotion. Writing this makes me so stressed yet so happy. I would like to say hi to everybody, i was born and raised in Greece. I have been writing since i was a kid. Writing has been such a blessing in my life. Writing and reading without a stop. Two years ago everything changed in my life. I lost my job, my father died, i reached a point where i felt so tired mentally and physically. I was writing day and night, while also trying to keep my job alive. Not sure if you guys are aware that my country is facing a huge financial crisis. So i had a near breakdown. And reading was the only thing that kep me sane. I stopped going out, lost my interest for everything. I even stopped writing for about two months, slowly with the help of my sisters and my mum, and God that plays a great part in my life i managed to slowly get better. Now almost two years after, i can say i am ok but i am better. And i started writing again. I managed to finish a story i was writing and love very much.
I read your rules and i loved that u give new Authors a chance. This is my story. I wont say more, other that i hope some of you read my book and give me a couple of fair reviews. If i worth something. Writing is so personal and such an exposure. You can email me for any question. Anything. I wish i could have it for free but i dont have any income currently and i had to edit it and review it all bymyself.
I hope my post didnt tire u, i have so many things to say but i think i am being too open.

Here is my book.I will try and find other book discusion sites too. Doing this all on my own. If u like it
and want to recomend it, i will be very happy.

Its about two women falling in love. Try to not be so harsh :-D

http://www.amazon.com/SHE-COMPLETES-ME- ... mpletes+me

message 2: by Lynne (new)

Lynne Stringer | 255 comments Hi there, Nina! Yes, it's great to be an author, isn't it?

message 3: by Nina (new)

Nina | 13 comments Yes. You know those dark hours reading kept my mind focused.

message 4: by Nina (new)

Nina | 13 comments http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=is_... Here is the right link for my book

message 5: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Brenda | 70486 comments Mod
SHE COMPLETES ME by PAGONA A PAPATSOUNI SHE COMPLETES ME by PAGONA A PAPATSOUNI

Here is the Goodreads link to your book Nina:) Congratulations and good luck with it and your future...

message 6: by Leonie (new)

Leonie (leonierogers) | 3222 comments Congratulations on your first book, Nina!

message 7: by Paul (last edited Apr 27, 2015 05:08PM) (new)

Paul (pbuzz) | 101 comments Nina wrote: "My name is Nina and last night i have published my first book on amazon. Its called She completes me. I have decided to try and inform people who love reading and love writing, myself, since i dont..."
Congratulations. Your personal story has similarities to my own. I also lost by my parents, lost my job and embarked on the journey of writing, editing and published my own book. Since then; although not published as yet, I've just recently completed my second book. It feels good.
Best of luck and cheers. : )

message 8: by Rita (new)

Rita Chapman | 143 comments Welcome, Nina and congratulations on your first book. Writing is a tremendous outlet and focus. Have you started on your next book yet?

message 9: by Nina (new)

Nina | 13 comments It's so good to talk about it you know? Thank u. For the great welcome. Yes I have another one nearly finished and also a new one at the beginning, but I'm also looking for a job so that takes away time and also makes me stressful. I think the reason I published is not to become rich but to be able to have an income so I can focus on writing. It's a selfish reason I know. I don't know if people will like my book, I don't know how I will react if they don't. I haven't told my friends, only my sister knows. I don't know, it's this fear that that the negativity could make me stop writing.

message 10: by Leonie (new)

Leonie (leonierogers) | 3222 comments Nina wrote: "It's so good to talk about it you know? Thank u. For the great welcome. Yes I have another one nearly finished and also a new one at the beginning, but I'm also looking for a job so that takes away..."

Don't be too fearful. I'm an author too, and we authors know that at some point someone won't like what we've written and give us a poor review.

I try and focus on the good comments, and on improving my writing. The good thing is, there's always something new to write!

message 11: by Nina (new)

Nina | 13 comments What's your experience? I'm completely unaware of what's going to happen. I mean do u guys make a living with writing? Or you work and you write when u have time?

message 12: by Leonie (new)

Leonie (leonierogers) | 3222 comments Nina wrote: "What's your experience? I'm completely unaware of what's going to happen. I mean do u guys make a living with writing? Or you work and you write when u have time?"

I work and write. Generally I work three days a week, and write on my days off, evenings and weekends. It takes a fair amount of time to build a readership, and unless you're very lucky, it takes time to build a base of earnings from your books. I only have two published books at the moment, and a few short stories here and there, so I've got a fair way to go as well.

As far as Goodreads goes, become part of the Goodreads community, enjoy the discussions, and try very hard not to scream "Buy my book!" at every opportunity. (Nothing turns a Goodreads reader off faster.)

This is a great group. It's fun, friendly, and very supportive of Australian authors. I hope you really enjoy it here, Nina!

message 13: by Stef (new) - added it

Stef Rozitis Good luck Nina

message 14: by Nina (new)

Nina | 13 comments Yeah. That's why I stopped saying it. Sorry for the questions. I'm just stressed. Im on my own on this, had nobody to advise me. I've been
Lurking at the groups lol, reading posts. Try to learn the place.

message 15: by Rita (new)

Rita Chapman | 143 comments Nina, very few authors make a living out of writing, unfortunately. But it's a great confidence booster to say "I'm an author" and you will find a lot of support on Goodreads. The common advice is "keep writing and eventually you'll build up a readership - maybe even write that bestseller." I think we've all learned a lot since we wrote our first book.