Beta Reader Group discussion

Critique Partners and Swaps > Seeking beta swap for 107k YA LGBT fiction

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Daniel (last edited Apr 27, 2015 08:24AM) (new)

Daniel Thomson (redinsectcreature) | 2 comments Hello !

I have just finished the third draft of my 107k YA novel. It is a character focused story involving every letter of the LGBT acronym as well as ambiguous supernatural elements and mental illness.

Blurb:
"It was supposed to be a harmless prank, a way to lighten the mood and forget Magesha's death. But somehow, in one evening, Ashkii had managed to push the boy he loved into another's bed, fall back into an affair that should have been long concluded, and make a dozen new enemies. It was only a joke, but it was enough to turn Araït against him. It was enough to make the city – his city – into a deathtrap."

I am inexperienced as an author, so please, feel free to absolutely skewer me.

I can read 100K in around three days when pressed, and generally read a lot of litfic and fantasy.

PM me if you are interested.

message 2: by Kristoffer (new)

Kristoffer Kross (kriskrossbooks) | 6 comments Hi Daniel, do you still need a swap? I have about 35k words that could use an extra set of eyes. Mine is definitely not YA, however; there is sex and violence, is that a problem? More details below.

"This is my first foray into this particular genre so I really want to get it right—I'm not writing the novel of the century but I want the action to be exciting and the pages to turn themselves. It's not erotica per se but there IS explicit male-male sex and some violence.
If you like reading quirky queer gay lit I would love to hear from you. So far I have a 7k-word prologue up for free, and a 28k-word book 1 teaser that I want to release in a couple weeks."

Let me know what you think. Thanks!

message 3: by Ana (new)

Ana | 41 comments Daniel wrote: "Hello !

I have just finished the third draft of my 107k YA novel. It is a character focused story involving every letter of the LGBT acronym as well as ambiguous supernatural elements and mental i..."

Hi Daniel,

I'm intrigued! I'm relatively new to all of this myself, but a veteran reader. I'd be happy to swap. I have a 110-115K YA/NA "other world" book. Let me know if you're interested in swapping. I'll warn you I'm a slow reader and with my work schedule could not return your book within 3 days. I will go as fast as I can while giving it the care it deserves, that's all I can promise. Look forward to hearing back from you.