Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Beta-Reader, Qualified in Proofreading and Editing

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hayley (new)

Hayley (hayren) | 14 comments So I've recently changed careers and am now in the proofreading and editing industry. I have all my qualifications what I'm lacking is more experience. I have some but not as much as I would like. So...if you want any help then post me back, and in return I get to write up helping you as my work experience. Sound fair?

message 2: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Rittenhouse | 8 comments Hi Hayley,

I have a 45,000 word novel that I am looking to be beta read. It is a MG/YA book written in diary format. It is the third book in a series, but can be read as a stand alone.

Back Cover Blurb: Change is hard for 13-year-old Laura Woodsmall to accept, especially when the change seems to make her life even worse. Accepting Change chronicles the diary of Laura, the younger sister to Carolyn and Bethany from Finding Faith and Discovering Hope. Laura finds it difficult to put her strength in God as her sisters have done. Will she be able to find true joy in God and learn to take all the curveballs life throws?

Message me if you'd be interested!

Thanks,
Rachel

message 3: by A.e.b. (new)

A.e.b. | 3 comments Hayley,

I have manuscript that may interest you -- it's 74,000 words, described as introspective-fantasy-adventure. Here is the blurb:

Brought to a foreign land under mysterious circumstances, a young knight sets upon a journey to discover the truth of the world and his purpose. Beset by monsters and conflicting accounts of how the world was made and what has driven it to its debased state, and what fate ordains he must do, the knight must fight not only the anxieties within himself, but the corrupting forces at large -- even if he does not know why. Supposedly, a great fate awaits him.

If that sounds like something you'd like to see more of, let me know and I'd be delighted for it to be on your resume.

Thank you,
Al

message 4: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 4 comments Hayley,

Might you be interested in a historical fiction/fantasy novel? It's approximately 88k words and 19 chapters - a fine prime number, if you ask me. Ha!

Ok, back on topic. A quick overview of my book, Curse Borne:

Anna Priestly was not a witch; no, she was something much more dangerous. This was a truth her family protected, this was a burden which carried her fate.

It was the night of her sister's wedding when everything she held dear was taken away. Lord Nathaniel Callenby forfeited her past so he would be her future - but it was another who summoned her heart.

She suddenly traveled a path unknown, treacherous with betrayal, impossible choices, unforgiving obligations and perilous love. And while the path may be fraught with trials, it is the destination which she truly seeks.

Warning, there are some sexual situations.

Let me know if you would like to read the book and I can get it to you in nearly any format, I believe.

Thanks!
Jenna

message 5: by Hayley (last edited Apr 30, 2015 10:42PM) (new)

Hayley (hayren) | 14 comments I really appreciate all these replies I've been receiving. Unfortunately, because there have been so many, I am now booked with work for about a month or so and am unable to take on any other projects. If you are happy to wait that amount of time for my help then still feel free to message me.

Thank you,
Hayley

Angie'sLilNeckofAuthorWorld | 17 comments Hi just seeing if you have anytime to beta a romance that is 25,000.

message 7: by Isabelle (new)

Isabelle Connors | 13 comments Hello Hayley.I am a new author and I have just finished my first book in my four part series and I am looking for a few beta readers.

Title: Undying Love (The Introduction #1)
Genre: Young Adult/Romance
Word Count: 20k
No Sex Scene

If you are interested please contact me at isabelleconnors1@gmail.com or leave me a comment on my page. Thanks in advance!

Excerpt:

From the very first night, Arianna meets Skylar she experiences this indescribable deep connection that she's never felt before. She's terrified and excited all at the same time. She wants to act on these feelings, but she can't, no matter how much she wants to. Things are just too complicated!

Moving from a big city to a small town is never easy, especially for a teenager who had it all. So when Skylar's family has to leave New York for Newport Florida, he's not very happy. But maybe things aren't going to be so bad?! Skylar has never been in love before, but he thinks he just may have fallen in love with the girl who caught his eye on his very first night in his new hometown. Even though he's sure she feels the connection too, she keeps resisting because of her misplaced loyalty.

Will love conquer all? Or is that just another fabricated lie that people tell you as a child?

message 8: by Ryan (new)

Ryan Troske | 55 comments Hi Hayley,

I have a completed YA sci-fi piece I could really use some feedback on. I don't know if this is something you'd be interested in, but wanted to throw it out there regardless.

If you enjoy anything in the realms of Percy Jackson, X-men, or any super hero kind of stuff, I think you'd enjoy this.

Here's a quick summary...

Ethan is just an ordinary teenage boy—infatuated with sports music and, of course, girls. Or so he thinks. Heading home on a rainy night from an amateur guitar gig, he finds his life turned completely upside down—literally. His car spins and flips out of control after what he thinks is a small animal jumps out in front of him. The horrific accident is only the beginning of a series of mysterious and seemingly unrelated events that will change his life forever.

After awaking in the hospital, and following an encounter with an enigmatic doctor, Ethan discovers that something that occurred during the wreck allows him to hear others' thoughts, and even more perplexing, move objects with his mind. While trying to wrap his head around this mystery he realizes he’s not the only one, that there are others out there like him; those with special powers. Not long after learning of this new world, Ethan’s ever increasing lack of control places those around him at serious risk. In order to protect those he loves, he makes the difficult decision to leave and join with a group of other so called Supernaturals to learn how to master his abilities. Shortly after he is recruited, Ethan is sent on a mission to kidnap who he believes to be the enemy leader in a well concealed Supernaturals war. But the further he becomes embedded in this new world, the more he discovers things are not quite what they seem and doesn't know who can be trusted.

In this first installment of the Supernaturals series, Ethan discovers that super powers aren’t always so super, and is faced with difficult decisions that will not only affect his own life, but which may determine the life or death of his newfound companions and mentor.

Let me know what you think.

message 9: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra Larsen | 4 comments Hi Hayley!

I am looking for some editing help for my YA urban fantasy novel, Silent Circle. In return for your help, I'd love to write up a recommendation for your services that you can post on your professional website.

Here's the synopsis:

All Emerson wants for her seventeenth birthday is to be a normal teenager: go to a party, hang out with her boyfriend, maybe get a car. She certainly doesn’t expect to develop wild, dangerous powers.

After her mother’s inexplicable suicide three years ago, Emerson’s gotten used to the scorn and sideways looks of her classmates. She knows everyone in town believes her mother was crazy, and that it’s only a matter of time before Emerson cracks herself. So when she starts seeing auras and hearing voices, she begins to think the rest of the town may be right.

That is, until Caiden, an enigmatic boy from her class, tells her that she’s a witch. Caiden tries to convince her to join his coven, but she wants no part of it. She just wants to forget about her unruly abilities and go back to her old life. But Caiden isn’t the only witch in town. When a rival coven shows up to recruit Emerson, she must decide whether to give up her old life and join Caiden’s coven, or risk facing these dangerous witches alone.

It is the first book in a series, complete at 63,000 words.

If you're interested, you can PM me or email me at CassandraLarsen5353@gmail.com

Thanks!
Cassandra