The Books With Looks 📚 discussion

Book Of The Month > BOTM May 2015: Making History by Stephen Fry

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tinka (new)

Tinka | 495 comments The group has spoken and this will be a our book for May: Making History by Stephen Fry

message 2: by Ash (new)

Ash (evermorefan) | 1068 comments I'll be getting this book soon from my library, can't wait to read this!

message 3: by Jason (new)

Jason (jasondenness) | 1424 comments I almost started reading this yesterday but was scrolling through the books on my kindle and spotted something else to read.

message 4: by Jason (new)

Jason (jasondenness) | 1424 comments Starting this book now.

message 5: by Ash (new)

Ash (evermorefan) | 1068 comments I've got this book now too but I also got The Mortal Instruments: City Of Fallen Angels so I might be reading TMI a bit more then this book.

message 6: by Jason (new)

Jason (jasondenness) | 1424 comments Started this. First quarter done and really enjoying it. Pretty quirky so far. It took me a little while to figure out what was going on as the story kept jumping timelines.

You non-humans (I mean non-English) might have trouble with some of the lingo.

message 7: by Ash (new)

Ash (evermorefan) | 1068 comments Jason wrote: "Started this. First quarter done and really enjoying it. Pretty quirky so far. It took me a little while to figure out what was going on as the story kept jumping timelines.

You non-humans (I m..."

Non-English speaking or English (UK) people?

message 8: by Jason (new)

Jason (jasondenness) | 1424 comments non-UK. I may be wrong though.

message 9: by Ash (new)

Ash (evermorefan) | 1068 comments Whenever I read English (UK) books written books I do have trouble with the slang, not all but some is similar to Aussie slang/lingo.

message 10: by Jason (new)

Jason (jasondenness) | 1424 comments Half way now and it is very good. We are now in an alternate timeline.

message 11: by Ash (new)

Ash (evermorefan) | 1068 comments I've got to start this book, lol it's just sitting on the floor near my bed

message 12: by Jason (new)

Jason (jasondenness) | 1424 comments Finished it. Really enjoyed this book, it's always a good book when I keep thinking about when I'll have time to read some more.

message 13: by Ash (last edited Jun 05, 2015 06:02PM) (new)

Ash (evermorefan) | 1068 comments I'm finding this so hard to read, maybe it's the language or how the book's written. This is a book something my English teacher would have made us read. Usually I like to read books that are out of my usually genre that I read, so I'll try and finish this but I can't guarantee it wont be thrown at the wall a few times.

message 14: by Jason (new)

Jason (jasondenness) | 1424 comments Yeah I thought you non-humans might struggle.

message 15: by Jason (new)

Jason (jasondenness) | 1424 comments How you getting on with this? I just spotted that it can be included in the Disney challenge, you need to read a book about time travel. Woooo

message 16: by Ash (last edited Jul 04, 2015 08:10PM) (new)

Ash (evermorefan) | 1068 comments Jason wrote: "How you getting on with this? I just spotted that it can be included in the Disney challenge, you need to read a book about time travel. Woooo"

I failed at reading this ... may try again later for the challenge ' a book you cant finish'

message 17: by Jason (new)

Jason (jasondenness) | 1424 comments That's a shame. I did think you may struggle.