Fannibal Book Group discussion

NBC Hannibal > Only 38 days til Season 3; book suggestion

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dannibal (new)

Dannibal | 2 comments Hi everyone, I just joined the group and noticed not much has been going on in here. I know this HeAteUs has been really long, but it is almost over! I don't know about you, but I am extremely excited to see what Bryan Fuller & Co has created for season 3.

Since there are only 38 days til season 3, that is just enough time to read a book. I just finished reading "The Monster in Florence," and would highly recommend it. It is about a serial killer in Italy (true crime). The case is very briefly mentioned in "Hannibal" (book and film). In "The Monster of Florence," the author also talks a few times about how Thomas Harris came to Italy to do research for the book "Hannibal," and how the character Pazzi is modeled after one of the investigators in the Monster case. Anyhow, thought it might interest some of you here.

message 2: by Joanna (new)

Joanna (foxwrapped) | 8 comments Mod
Dannibal wrote: "Hi everyone, I just joined the group and noticed not much has been going on in here. I know this HeAteUs has been really long, but it is almost over! I don't know about you, but I am extremely exc..."

Hello! Yes, I definately need to read that book. I might actually check it out now!

message 3: by Karen (new)

Karen Polis (karenpolis) | 2 comments I only read Red Dragon years ago. I actually don't want to read any of the books or those related until the show is off the air. I want my Fullerverse to stay pure, untainted by book expectation. I am already beyond sad at the casting change for my favourite character. I don't think I can handle any more failed expectations. :(

message 4: by Dannibal (new)

Dannibal | 2 comments I re-read "Red Dragon," and I read "Hannibal" for the first time during this HeAteUs. Personally, I enjoyed seeing quotes in the books that have been used (usually repurposed) in the show. To each their own, though. I understand your POV.

As for "The Monster of Florence," that book is really about the hunt for the serial murderer in Italy, who has never been caught. (The Italian police bungled their investigation into the case so badly; I literally was face-palming while reading; I was flabbergasted). The author only briefly mentions Thomas Harris and the book "Hannibal" two or three times.