Comments Showing 1-50 of 1,544 (1544 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 30 31

message 1: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 9127 comments "When he who wields the blood of Olde,
Casts his shadow upon the land,
Another shall rise to rule and conquer,
To unify the fractured kingdoms,
And peace will at last be had."

An ancient prophecy passed down by the fates themselves has been whispered throughout the continent for millennia. Through the rise and fall of empires who attempted to fulfill it and through the dark times which split the continent and destroyed many lives. In present day a cruel dictator has risen to power in the kingdom of Aphelia. By killing the King in a coup d'etat, stealing the throne, and imprisoning the rest of the royal family his rule is absolute. The former crown princess believes the prophecy is coming to pass because she knows the dark secret behind the new king's rule. To save her people she must find the one who will rule and conquer but is this great leader closer than she thinks?

A young man has spent his whole life at the castle as a servant. He played with the royals even as he served them. As an orphan he lived only by the kindness of the previous king. As he grew he helped the aged horse master and eventually took over when the old man died. After the coup he was allowed to continue at his post only because the kingdom's finest horses became unruly and unmanageable without him. He longs to depose the new ruler but has no power of his own to do so.

message 3: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 9127 comments Name: Avox Hoenheim
Appearance: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=h...
Personality: Avox is a good man but it takes a lot to provoke him which isn't a bad thing for someone just trying to survive. He doesn't have much self confidence except when it comes to animals which he seems to have an affinity for. He is good at suppressing his own emotions in the face of travesty and can come off as almost cowardly. He can't stand to see someone in pain though which often gets him in trouble under the new rule.
Other: Obviously the hero of the story.

~~~

Name: Roman Vast
Appearance: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=h...
Personality: Roman is a cruel man. He revels in torture and believes himself to be superior to every man, even the one foretold of in the prophecy. He is not one to believe in the fates and as such does not fear some great unknown ruler. He remains calm and collected at all times and seems to be fascinated with the crown princess.
Other: The villain.

Møøńšhådöw {Stars are only visible in darkness} (moonshadow16) | 7468 comments Wow... That makes mine look very weak XD
Also, changing her age to 18 (one year older!)

message 5: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 9127 comments Okay :) Originally I'd imagined the princess being older than Avox actually (with him still being around 19 or 20) but it's not essential to anything so I left that up to you.

Møøńšhådöw {Stars are only visible in darkness} (moonshadow16) | 7468 comments Oh okay ^^
Do you mind if you start so I know how this should go?

message 7: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 9127 comments K, I probably won't post for both Avox and Roman all the time just so you know.
____

Avox ignored the jeering of the new guards as he slowly brushed down King Roman's warhorse. It was as cruel as its master but still treated him with respect which was more than he could say of anyone else at the castle anymore. His back ached from his latest punishment, slowing down his movements and causing the guards' jeers. He knew he needed to stop intervening when servants were being punished but sometimes his body seemed to move before he knew what was happening. Every time he stepped in to stop an act of cruelty he was dragged off to be 'reminded' that punishment was to help the servants learn.

message 8: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 9127 comments (Doesn't have to be that long but first posts usually are)

Møøńšhådöw {Stars are only visible in darkness} (moonshadow16) | 7468 comments Marine stared at the wall and listened to the sound of nature as best as she could. Roman, she couldn't bring herself to add the 'king' part, had put her in a room. Or more like a cage for her. She could faintly hear the world outside, but couldn't see it since there were no windows. Marine had to busy herself with something as the moments of her life ticked away. She got up off the bed and grabbed a brush. She sat back down and combed her hair.

message 10: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 9127 comments After finishing with the warhorse Avox just walked around the castle. The other horses were roaming the considerable enclosure the previous king had created for them so he wasn't needed at the moment. He kept a wary eye out for any passing guards as he walked under the princess' window.

message 11: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 9127 comments (Off for the night)

Møøńšhådöw {Stars are only visible in darkness} (moonshadow16) | 7468 comments She sighed as her hair was already tangle free. She bit her lip and honestly wished she could strangle Roman until he is blue in the face. Of course, that's like saying you can control the weather. Marine let out a moan as she laid back into the bed.

Møøńšhådöw {Stars are only visible in darkness} (moonshadow16) | 7468 comments (Okay. I have a bad storm so I'm staying up 1:00 am baby XD.)

message 14: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 9127 comments "Princess!" Avox called softly. There didn't seem to be any guards around but yelling could easily attract them. He wanted to somehow cheer up the princess, she'd been depressed from what he'd seen lately. Though he hadn't exactly seen much.

Møøńšhådöw {Stars are only visible in darkness} (moonshadow16) | 7468 comments She heard her name and walked over. She looked down and saw Avox. She but her lip and looked around. She didn't want him to get in trouble or anything, but she didn't want to leave him out there. She tied the many blankets left for her together as a rope and threw it down. "Climb up." She mouthed, not wanting to speak.

message 16: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 9127 comments His eyes widened but he followed her instructions and climbed up quickly. His body screamed in pain but he made it up to her window with only a few grunts. He quickly pulled the blankets in and turned to her with an encouraging smile. "How are you holding up?" He asked, hoping she hasn't noticed how stiff he was. And that he hadn't opened his wounds.

Møøńšhådöw {Stars are only visible in darkness} (moonshadow16) | 7468 comments "Terribly." She said sourly and sat down on the bed. She tossed the rope of blankets to the side and looked down at her hands. "I suddenly feel bad for all the birds in the world that are stuck in cages. I'm just like that now." She said keeping her head down.

message 18: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 9127 comments Avox's expression showed his sympathy. "One day this will all be over." He said softly and slowly knelt in front of her. "Just try to stay strong until then." He didn't know how but somehow he knew everything would be alright. A man like Roman Vast couldn't stay in power forever.... Right?

Møøńšhådöw {Stars are only visible in darkness} (moonshadow16) | 7468 comments At that moment, she slightly hated his positivity. "Someone needs to make it happen, but no one is trying to... So the days will stretch on." She said quietly. She looked at him. "Thank you for coming by the way."

message 20: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 9127 comments Avox shrugged then winced in pain. "I shouldn't stay long but I wanted to check on you." He left it at that, not adding that he was worried about her after her father, the late king had died. "You have to believe that somewhere in the kingdom someone is doing something."

Møøńšhådöw {Stars are only visible in darkness} (moonshadow16) | 7468 comments "If they are, they aren't calming any flames." She said and glanced at him. She saw him wince and she narrowed her eyes. "Avox... Could you turn around for me please?" She stood up.

message 22: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 9127 comments He looked away from her narrowed eyes but obediently turned his back to her, knowing what she would probably do. He hadn't wanted anyone to see his back though of course most already knew or had hear about his most recent round of whipping.

Møøńšhådöw {Stars are only visible in darkness} (moonshadow16) | 7468 comments She lifted the back of his shirt and gasped at the sight. She quickly dropped the shirt. She wasn't sure to be afraid of Roman or be more angry. "Avox..." She said softly. "Here... I'll help you clean it up." She looked around for some supplies.

message 24: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 9127 comments "Its already been cleaned, it just hurts." He said with a small shrug. He'd had the help of the servant girl he'd saved. He assumed he'd bled through the bandages somewhat though if she knew what had happened.

Møøńšhådöw {Stars are only visible in darkness} (moonshadow16) | 7468 comments She sighed softly. "I see... I'm sorry that happened to you." She said and didn't add the part where she would tell Roman her feelings about it. Most likely, Avox would try to stop her. "You should probably go before you get caught. I hope you heal well..."

message 26: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 9127 comments Avox nodded. "Yeah probably... Stay strong princess." He said and tossed the rope blankets out of the window and climbed out quickly. Guards could be coming any minute and he needed to be gone before they saw him. He'd been whipped for merely stepping in for a servant there was no telling what punishment he'd suffer if caught coming out of the princess' room.

Møøńšhådöw {Stars are only visible in darkness} (moonshadow16) | 7468 comments She watched as he descended from her prison and then ran off. She desperately wanted to go with him. But, she knew that it wasn't possible. She walked to the bed. Sadly, she realized that Roman should be here. He seemed to love to visit here and silently torture her.

message 28: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 9127 comments He walked back to the stables quickly and took care of the horses, ignoring the pain in his back. He hoped the princess would be alright. No one was sure why Roman had kept her or anyone else in the royal family alive after killing the king.

Roman finished overseeing the interrogation of a peasant suspected of being involved with a rebellion and cleaned himself up. He didn't anything else to do so he decided to pass some time by seeing his princess.

Møøńšhådöw {Stars are only visible in darkness} (moonshadow16) | 7468 comments Marine laid down on the bed and wished she could just sink into it. She didn't want this. She didn't think anyone would. She closed her eyes and small memories of how it all happened flashed in her eyes. She quickly opened her eyes and grabbed her pillow. She chucked it at the wall and then laid back down.

message 30: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 9127 comments Roman strode into her room just as the pillow hit the floor. He looked at it and his brow rose. "Something wrong Princess?" He asked, smiling cruelly as he walked over to the bed and looked down at her. The door shut behind him and the guards outside knew to ignore whatever sounds might come from the room.

Møøńšhådöw {Stars are only visible in darkness} (moonshadow16) | 7468 comments She looked up at him for a brief moment before quickly getting up out of the bed. She grabbed the pillow from off the floor. "Nothing is wrong... Roman." Purposely leaving out the king. She threw her pillow back and walked to her drawer to get her brush.

message 32: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 9127 comments His lips curled in a smirk as he walked up behind her, pinning her between him and the dresser. "Are you sure? You won't have much hair left on your head if you keep brushing it so much." He said, his lips nearly touching her ear. He took special pleasure in tormenting his princess.

Møøńšhådöw {Stars are only visible in darkness} (moonshadow16) | 7468 comments She was so tempted to just kick him where the sun doesn't shine, but she knew it would end horribly. She managed to duck from him and moved away. "Please go away." She said walking somewhere he couldn't pin her.

message 34: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 9127 comments "I will when I want to." He said, turned and grabbing her wrist and pulling her to him. His arms went around her and he held her against him tightly with one arm around her waist and the other just under her chest.

Møøńšhådöw {Stars are only visible in darkness} (moonshadow16) | 7468 comments She bit her lip tightly and closed her eyes. She narrowed her eyes slightly and look down. "Let me go." She whispered knowing it was useless. "Did you have any heart before...?" She asked quietly and tried to get out of his arms.

message 36: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 9127 comments Roman fit one of his hands to her hip. "Nope." He said with a grin. He'd heard the question many times before and he took pleasure in crushing any hopes they had of mercy.

Møøńšhådöw {Stars are only visible in darkness} (moonshadow16) | 7468 comments "I wonder how your parents felt raising a monster." She managed to get out of his grip again and then backed up. She accidentally fell down and landed in her chair.

message 38: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 9127 comments "I wouldn't know, I killed them before I could ask." He said coldly. He leaned down and placed his hands on either side of her head on the chair.

Møøńšhådöw {Stars are only visible in darkness} (moonshadow16) | 7468 comments She leaned back in the chair. "You'll get defeated you know." She whispered lightly while still looking at him. "I know you will be." She said her voice tight.

message 40: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 9127 comments "Ah yes, the precious prophecy of this land. How does it go? Something about another rising to rule? Since the beginning of the country the scared have been clinging to that pipe dream. But that's all it is. A dream." Roman said condescendingly.

Møøńšhådöw {Stars are only visible in darkness} (moonshadow16) | 7468 comments "You know dreams can hint at reality." She said narrowing her eyes at him. "I hope you burn in hell when your reign is done." She hissed at him. She wished she could just punch him. "It's not like you have a reign. It's more like you cover yourself in blood until you become a blooded king."

message 42: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 9127 comments "Takeovers happen often and empires fall. You act as if your family doesn't have blood on its hands." Roman said, caressing her cheek.

Møøńšhådöw {Stars are only visible in darkness} (moonshadow16) | 7468 comments "Not as much as you have." She said not moving. 'He's just mocking you.' She thought. She was quiet as he stroked her cheek. 'Don't let it get to you.' She thought. "What happens if the part of my family disobeys you? You seem to be holding us like trophies."

message 44: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 9127 comments "Depends on what you do. Perhaps I'll have your nails plucked out one by one. Or your feet skinned and covered in salt to be licked off by goats. Or something much darker." Roman said, the glint in his eye saying he would enjoy any scenario very much.

Møøńšhådöw {Stars are only visible in darkness} (moonshadow16) | 7468 comments She stared at him. She closed her eyes and wished it would end already. 'Please go away.' She thought and slightly wanted to scream at the top of her lungs. She desperately wanted Avox at this moment, but couldn't dare ask for him. "A servant." She said. "You whipped a servant today..." She whispered. "Do you not think any of these people could be your demise?"

message 46: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 9127 comments "The submissive peasants leftover from our dear late king's rule? I doubt it." He said dryly. How had she known about the whipping? He'd have to keep a closer eye on her. The guards weren't supposed to speak to her at all.

Møøńšhådöw {Stars are only visible in darkness} (moonshadow16) | 7468 comments "It's possible." She said. "Nothing is impossible." She said quietly and reached out. She put her hands on his chest and started to push him back. "I'm pretty sure it isn't healthy for you to spend so much time with me. You must have somewhere to be."

message 48: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 9127 comments "By your logic it's possible this is healthy for me princess." Roman said, not budging an inch. All her struggling made him want to kiss her or mark her in some way. He could only imagine how delicious her screams would be.

Møøńšhådöw {Stars are only visible in darkness} (moonshadow16) | 7468 comments She sighed and gave up. She laid down on the bed and put the pillow on her face. She couldn't bear it. She could never bear it. She wished she could know one thing that made him weak.

message 50: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 9127 comments Roman was moving over to cover her with his body when there was a knock at the door. He growled but left the room, knowing it was important if he was being interrupted. A red stone dropped from his pocket though he didn't seem to notice.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 30 31