2017 Reading Challenge discussion

15/A graphic novel > The Lovecraft Anthology Volume 1 by H.P. Lovecraft, Dan Lockwood

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura Riedel (new)

Laura Riedel | 59 comments This is my graphic novel. This was my first time reading a graphic novel, and I was pleasantly surprised. I have wanted to read some of Lovecraft's stories for awhile. This was a nice overview of a few of them. My son never failed to remind me that It would be better to read the actual book. I bought another graphic novel recommended called Saga. This may be the beginning of something new for me. The best part about this challenge is that it has forced me out of my comfort zone. So excited to see what else I come across. Defiantly recommend this to anyone still looking for something to fill this category.

message 2: by Anne (new)

Anne (librarianguish) | 636 comments Mod
Laura wrote: "This is my graphic novel. This was my first time reading a graphic novel, and I was pleasantly surprised. I have wanted to read some of Lovecraft's stories for awhile. This was a nice overview of a..."

When most of the graphic novels I saw were manga, I was not interested at all. Now I LOVE them! There are so many new and wonderful author/artists, and lots of non-fiction offerings too.

message 3: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Regan Anne wrote: "Laura wrote: "This is my graphic novel. This was my first time reading a graphic novel, and I was pleasantly surprised. I have wanted to read some of Lovecraft's stories for awhile. This was a nice..."

"...and lots of non-fiction offerings too."--thanks for noting this! I never thought to look for non-fiction. If you have a particular one or two in mind, I hope you will let us know titles.