Skin Game (The Dresden Files, #15) Skin Game question

Need Suggestions
Ben Eipert Ben Apr 26, 2015 07:47PM
So I finished this book within 12 hours of it coming out and reread that series the week after. Best books ever by far. I have read all of the Iron Druid, Sandman Slim, Hellequin, and Spellbound books. I have until July 28 when the next Sandman Slim comes out. Anyone have suggestions? I do not know what to do with my life.

Martin (last edited Apr 27, 2015 03:42PM ) Apr 27, 2015 03:42PM   1 vote
Which are the spellbound books? I would suggest Monster Hunter International (5 books so far) and grimnoir chronicles (3 books - finished series) both by Larry correia ..

Iron druid series was interesting the first 3-4 books, after that the quality deteriorated. Sandman slim was disappointing for me (there isn't any character limitations nor any magic system) as was Felix castor (better writing but slower pace) .. I haven't tried Hellequin yet ..

I agree though .. Harry Dresden is the best urban fantasy series by far

Try either Kat Richardson's Greywalker series, 9 book so far or Seanan McGuire's October Day series. Both are urban fantasy with magic and paranormal. I enjoyed both as well as the Dresden series.

A relative newcomer on the urban fantasy scene: David B. Coe.

Start with Spell Blind, which is the first book in the series. The second book (His Father's Eyes) is just out.

And, of course, Jim Butcher's steampunk-type book, first in the Cinder Spires series, is out next month: The Aeronaut's Windlass.

If your wanting urban fantasy like The Dresden Files:
I like The Nightside series by Simon R Green,
Alex Verus series by Benedict Jacka,
Monster Hunter International by Larry Correia,
Peter Grant series by Ben Aaronovitch,
The Templar Chronicles by Joseph Nassise (These may not be available in print.)

Try the Darkside books, or the Secret Histories books, both by Simon R. Green.

M 25x33
Ben Eipert Read a couple from both of those series. Was not that much of a fan.
Apr 29, 2015 04:48AM · flag

Seconding the people who recommended Alex Verus and Generation V. Rob Thurman's Cal Leandros books could also be fun. Definitely try the Pax Arcana series, Elliot James.

deleted member Apr 26, 2015 08:23PM   0 votes
Try the Alex Verus books. I liked them. Fated

If you're looking for more pure UF series like The Dresden Files, you might give the following series a try:

Discount Armageddon by Seanan McGuire
Generation V by M.L. Brennan
Written in Red by Anne Bishop
Ghost Detective by Scott William Carter
Rosemary and Rue by Seanan McGuire
Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison

If you want to try something a little differen and is sort of a hybrid of traditional and urban fantasy, I can highly recommend Michelle Sagara's Chronicles of Elantra. The series begins with Cast in Shadow

Ben wrote: "So I finished this book within 12 hours of it coming out and reread that series the week after. Best books ever by far. I have read all of the Iron Druid, Sandman Slim, Hellequin, and Spellbound bo..."
Try Jim Butcher's fantasy series. Starts with "The Furies of Calderon"
Try the Jane Yellowrock series about a vampire killer with a secret ability. Starts with "Skin Walker".
Try the Kate Daniels series about a mercenary living in an alternate Atlanta where magic and tech work in mutually exclusive waves.

M 25x33
Ben Eipert The Codex Alera books were pretty good
May 08, 2015 02:33PM · flag