The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

The Killing Kind (Charlie Parker, #3)
This topic is about The Killing Kind
Buddy Reads > John Connolly's Charlie Parker series, Book 3 - The Killing Kind

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tom (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tom Mathews | 980 comments In May the Charlie Parker group read will be moving on to The Killing Kind (Charlie Parker, #3) by John Connolly , the third book in the series. Find a copy and join us!

When the discovery of a mass grave in northern Maine reveals the grim truth behind the disappearance of a religious community, private detective Charlie Parker is drawn into a violent conflict with a group of zealots intent on tracking down a relic that could link them to the slaughter. Haunted by the ghost of a small boy and tormented by the demonic killer known as Mr. Pudd, Parker is forced to fight for his lover, his friends...and his very soul.

Kieron | 0 comments Listening to the audio book. Halfway through and should finish today. Mr. Pudd is the creepiest villain yet.

message 3: by Tom (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tom Mathews | 980 comments Kieron wrote: "Listening to the audio book. Halfway through and should finish today. Mr. Pudd is the creepiest villain yet."

I haven't gotten there yet but I'm really intrigued with where it is going. As with the previous books, I'm really impressed with Connolly's literary touches.

Perri Loose quote- We smiled at each other until we either needed to start talking or dating-Haha. Love the description of a dark angel

message 5: by Tom (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tom Mathews | 980 comments Perri wrote: "Loose quote- We smiled at each other until we either needed to start talking or dating-Haha. Love the description of a dark angel"

These books are full of good ones.

message 6: by Tom (last edited May 24, 2015 08:55AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tom Mathews | 980 comments I finished this one last night (review below). I didn't enjoy it quite as much as I did Dark Hollow but I liked the whole religious cult aspect of the story. What didn't impress me as much was the villains. (view spoiler)

I did like the ghosts of the murder victims, though.
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Perri That's interesting Tom, I liked the villains more. I also liked the religious cult angle and thought Mr. Pudd was a dark angel or maybe aided by those powers. "... a malevolent...intelligence whose aim was..to undermine our own essential humanity.." Makes the hairs stand up! I also liked reading Grace's thesis tucked throughout the chapters.

message 8: by Tom (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tom Mathews | 980 comments Perri wrote: "I also liked reading Grace's thesis tucked throughout the chapters."

So did I.

Kieron | 0 comments Are we doing The White Road in June?

message 10: by Tom (last edited Jun 01, 2015 02:09PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tom Mathews | 980 comments Ive set up a thread for it but I'll be taking a month off to get caught up on my ARC review obligations. Believe it or not, Connolly isn't the only books I like to read.

Here's the link to The White Road discussion: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

aPriL does feral sometimes  (cheshirescratch) | 1198 comments This one has me feeling itchy.