Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Beta Reading & Editing Services

Comments Showing 1-50 of 261 (261 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Wil (last edited May 03, 2015 03:11PM) (new)

Wil Scott | 159 comments Hi Everyone, Please keep me in mind for beta reading.

I would like to offer my services as a beta reader. My interests vary, so I would be interested in a bit of everything. Please let me know if I can be of assistance to you. Thanks, Wil

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Wil,

I am looking for opinions on a Zombie novel I am writing, I only have the first quarter done at the moment, not too much on the Zombies in it as yet, it mainly focuses on the main characters and the outbreak. Let me know if you would be interested in taking a look at it :)

D

message 3: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Rittenhouse | 8 comments Hi Wil,

I have a 45,000 word novel that I am looking to be beta read. It is a MG/YA book written in diary format. It is the third book in a series, but can be read as a stand alone.

Back Cover Blurb: Change is hard for 13-year-old Laura Woodsmall to accept, especially when the change seems to make her life even worse. Accepting Change chronicles the diary of Laura, the younger sister to Carolyn and Bethany from Finding Faith and Discovering Hope. Laura finds it difficult to put her strength in God as her sisters have done. Will she be able to find true joy in God and learn to take all the curveballs life throws?

Let me know if you'd be interested!

Thanks,
Rachel

message 4: by Wil (new)

Wil Scott | 159 comments I would enjoy taking a look at this! It sounds great! Please send it to greatscottediting@gmail.com

Thanks,
Wil

message 5: by Wil (new)

Wil Scott | 159 comments Hi, I would enjoy reading this. Please send to greatscottediting@gmail.com

Thank you,

Wil

Erica wrote: "Hi Wil,
I am still looking for beta readers. I have written a dark romance.
Here's a rough draft of the blurb.

Book: Cinderella in All the Wrong Scenes
Word count: 129K

Blurb: All she wanted was..."

message 6: by Wil (new)

Wil Scott | 159 comments Hi Rachel,

This sounds quite interesting. I would enjoy reading this. Please send to greatscottediting@gmail.com

Thank you,

Wil

Rachel wrote: "Hi Wil,

I have a 45,000 word novel that I am looking to be beta read. It is a MG/YA book written in diary format. It is the third book in a series, but can be read as a stand alone.

Back Cover B..."

message 7: by Reily (new)

Reily Garrett (goodreadscomreily_garrett) | 2 comments Hi Wil,
I have a 45K novel erotic contemp. paranormal romance, mystery, suspense, it's the second book in a series but a standalone. 1st won top pic at The Romance Reviews... thanks to good beta reading...

message 8: by Wil (new)

Wil Scott | 159 comments Hi, I would enjoy reading this! Please send to greatscottediting@gmail.com

Thank you,

Wil

Reily wrote: "Hi Wil,
I have a 45K novel erotic contemp. paranormal romance, mystery, suspense, it's the second book in a series but a standalone. 1st won top pic at The Romance Reviews... thanks to good beta re..."

message 9: by Wil (new)

Wil Scott | 159 comments I would enjoy taking a look at this one. Please email it to me at greatscottediting@gmail.com

Thanks so much, Wil

D.M. wrote: "Hi Wil,

I am looking for opinions on a Zombie novel I am writing, I only have the first quarter done at the moment, not too much on the Zombies in it as yet, it mainly focuses on the main characte..."

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Brilliant, thanks Wil :)

Wil wrote: "I would enjoy taking a look at this one. Please email it to me at greatscottediting@gmail.com

Thanks so much, Wil

D.M. wrote: "Hi Wil,

I am looking for opinions on a Zombie novel I am writing,..."

message 11: by Wil (new)

Wil Scott | 159 comments Hi, I am available for beta reads. I am interested in just about anything and do offer beta reading for free. Please let me know if I can assist you. Thanks so much!

message 12: by Christopher (new)

Christopher D. (chrismorgan) | 44 comments Hi Wil. I'm currently engaging with some beta readers for my YA fantasy novel. Would love for you to get involved if you can.

- Chris

message 13: by Wil (new)

Wil Scott | 159 comments Hi Chris, I would enjoy working with you. Please send your work to me at greatscottediting@gmail.com and I will get started right away on your story. Thank you!

Chris wrote: "Hi Wil. I'm currently engaging with some beta readers for my YA fantasy novel. Would love for you to get involved if you can.

- Chris"

message 14: by Christopher (new)

Christopher D. (chrismorgan) | 44 comments Will do, thanks :-) Any particular format you prefer?

message 15: by Wil (new)

Wil Scott | 159 comments Hi Chris, I would prefer either Word or in PDF format if possible. Thanks :)

message 16: by Wil (new)

Wil Scott | 159 comments Hi Chris, I would prefer either Word or in PDF format if possible. Thanks :)

Chris wrote: "Will do, thanks :-) Any particular format you prefer?"

message 17: by Christopher (new)

Christopher D. (chrismorgan) | 44 comments Sent -)

message 18: by Wil (new)

Wil Scott | 159 comments Got it! Thanks Chris :)
Chris wrote: "Sent -)"

message 19: by Kristina (new)

Kristina Moore | 32 comments Hi Wil. I have a 77k erotic romance that i am looking for a beta reader to give me an opinion on marketability. It also has 84K Sequel.
Let me know if you still have availability
LTW

message 20: by Carla (new)

Carla Doria (carladoria) | 10 comments Hi, I have a short story (3286 words) and I'm looking for a very honest review. Would you be interested in reading it?
Thanks!

message 21: by Wil (new)

Wil Scott | 159 comments Hi! I am available for beta reads. Please send your story to greatscottediting@gmail.com

Thanks so much, Wil :)

LovetoWrite wrote: "Hi Wil. I have a 77k erotic romance that i am looking for a beta reader to give me an opinion on marketability. It also has 84K Sequel.
Let me know if you still have availability
LTW"

message 22: by Wil (new)

Wil Scott | 159 comments Hi Carla,

I would enjoy beta reading for you. Please send to greatscottediting@gmail.com

Thanks! Wil :)

Carla wrote: "Hi, I have a short story (3286 words) and I'm looking for a very honest review. Would you be interested in reading it?
Thanks!"

message 23: by Katie (new)

Katie | 23 comments Hi Wil,

I have the first ten chapters of a YA fantasy novel ready for beta readers, if you're interested. The chapters come to about 14K.

Thanks!

- Katie

message 24: by T.J. (new)

T.J. Shortt (tjshortt) | 3 comments Hi Wil,

You are truly amazing to offer to help all these writers better their work.
Making the world better one book at a time. Gotta love that about a person!

With Love and Gratitude,
TJ Shortt
www.shivercove.com

message 25: by Wil (new)

Wil Scott | 159 comments Hi Katie,

I would definitely be interested in beta reading for you. Please email me at greatscottediting@gmail.com

Thanks so much! :) Wil

Katie wrote: "Hi Wil,

I have the first ten chapters of a YA fantasy novel ready for beta readers, if you're interested. The chapters come to about 14K.

Thanks!

- Katie"

message 26: by Wil (new)

Wil Scott | 159 comments Thank you so much T. J. I love what I do and what's not to love about reading? :) What I really love is providing assistance to great and talented authors. All of the authors I've worked with have been fantastic and so very gracious. Such a joy to work with! :)

T.J. wrote: "Hi Wil,

You are truly amazing to offer to help all these writers better their work.
Making the world better one book at a time. Gotta love that about a person!

With Love and Gratitude,
TJ Shortt
..."

message 27: by Manda (new)

Manda | 7 comments Hi Wil,

I have the first three chapters of my YA urban fantasy, if you're interested to read. Together they're almost 9k words.

Thank you so much!

Manda

message 28: by Kaitlyn (new)

Kaitlyn (khollie) Hello:)
I have just recently finished a YA manuscript that is 52,570 words long. It is a contemporary novel with a strong family theme. I have been working on it for the last two and a half years and it would be awesome to have some fresh eyes look over it before I start sending it out to literary agents.
Thank you for considering me :)

message 29: by Wil (new)

Wil Scott | 159 comments Manda wrote: "Hi Wil,

I have the first three chapters of my YA urban fantasy, if you're interested to read. Together they're almost 9k words.

Thank you so much!

Manda"

Hi Manda,

I would definitely be interested in beta reading for you. Please email me your story to greatscottediting@gmail.com

Thank you! :)

message 30: by Wil (new)

Wil Scott | 159 comments Kaitlyn wrote: "Hello:)
I have just recently finished a YA manuscript that is 52,570 words long. It is a contemporary novel with a strong family theme. I have been working on it for the last two and a half years ..."

Hi Kaitlyn,

I would enjoy beta reading for you. Please send to greatscottediting@gmail.com

Thanks, :)

message 31: by Diane (last edited May 28, 2015 12:52PM) (new)

Diane (dianelebow) | 9 comments Hi Wil,

I have a 41k erotic romance ready for a beta read. I'm hoping for an approx one week turnaround. Are you available and interested?

Thanks,
Diane

message 32: by Wil (new)

Wil Scott | 159 comments Diane wrote: "Hi Wil,

I have a 41k erotic romance ready for a beta read. I'm hoping for an approx one week turnaround. Are you available and interested?

Thanks,
Diane"

Hi Diane,

I would definitely be interested in beta reading for you. Please send to greatscottediting@gmail.com

Thank you, :)

message 33: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Greutman | 15 comments Hey!

Looks like you're being kept pretty busy here! If you have time I have a story I'd like thoughts on. It's 16 chapters, 13 of which I've gone through a second time. I'm reading through the last three chapters right now. Around 80,000 words. It's a story about a fae girl raised on earth who wants to stay but has to help the fae catch a criminal before being allowed to stay and not taken back to Faerie.

If you're too busy that's okay, just thanks for offering to help all of us out!

message 34: by Diane (new)

Diane (dianelebow) | 9 comments Wil wrote: "Diane wrote: "Hi Wil,

Thanks,
Diane"

Hi Diane,

I would defini..."

Email sent, Thanks!!

message 35: by Robert (new)

Robert Rapoza | 17 comments Hi Wil,

I have two short fiction stories (5,000 and 7,000 words) and I also have an 80,000 word manuscript, THE VISITORS that I am seeking feedback on (characters, plot and pacing).

The genre of my work is thriller, with a small amount of paranormal/sci. fi.

Here's a brief description of THE VISITORS:

DR. NICK RANDALL is an archeologist on the fringes of the scientific community who believes that mankind isn't alone in the universe ... or on this planet. When a mysterious benefactor funds his research, Randall departs on an expedition to find the lost city of Vilcabamba. Hidden deep in the Amazon, Randall believes this legendary city holds proof that his controversial theory is true. Upon arriving at the ruins, he mysteriously disappears.

Randall's beautiful daughter SAMANTHA learns of her father's disappearance from his mentor DR. FRANCISCO ANDRADE who calls Sam and pleads for her help. An accomplished archeologist herself, Sam must decide if she will set aside her career and search for the man she blames for her mother's death. Reluctantly, she agrees and flies to Peru to search for her father.

But someone else is looking for her father as well. Francis Dumond, a shadowy man with a dark past and unlimited resources, will stop at nothing to find Vilcabamba and use its alien technology to control the world. It's a race against time to see if Sam can find her father, prove his theories and stop Dumond before a stratovolcano destroys Vilcabamba and all of them as well.

Please let me know if you would be interested in reading any of my work.

Thanks,
Bob

message 36: by Wil (new)

Wil Scott | 159 comments Robert wrote: "Hi Wil,

I have two short fiction stories (5,000 and 7,000 words) and I also have an 80,000 word manuscript, THE VISITORS that I am seeking feedback on (characters, plot and pacing).

The genre of..."

Hi Bob,

Yes, I would be very interested in reading your work. Please send to my email at greatscottediting@gmail.com

Thanks, :)
Wil

message 37: by Wil (new)

Wil Scott | 159 comments Cassie wrote: "Hey!

Looks like you're being kept pretty busy here! If you have time I have a story I'd like thoughts on. It's 16 chapters, 13 of which I've gone through a second time. I'm reading through the las..."

Hi Cassie,

Sure, I will have time to read your work. Please send it to my email at greatscottediting@gmail.com

Thanks,

Wil :)

message 38: by Kristina (new)

Kristina Moore | 32 comments I wanted to publicly thank you for reading my books. Anyone would be lucky to get your assistance. Wil is fantastic!
Tina

message 39: by Wil (new)

Wil Scott | 159 comments Thank you so very, very much. I certainly enjoy assisting authors with their work and respect all who are so very talented. :) Thanks again Tina

LovetoWrite wrote: "I wanted to publicly thank you for reading my books. Anyone would be lucky to get your assistance. Wil is fantastic!
Tina"

message 40: by Christian (new)

Christian Green | 9 comments LovetoWrite wrote: "I wanted to publicly thank you for reading my books. Anyone would be lucky to get your assistance. Wil is fantastic!
Tina"

Yes, I agree. I am so lucky to have found Wil. I truly appreciate her assistance!

message 41: by Wil (new)

Wil Scott | 159 comments Thank you Chris! All of you are awesome and I feel so very lucky to have been chosen to beta read for you. :) Wil

Christian wrote: "LovetoWrite wrote: "I wanted to publicly thank you for reading my books. Anyone would be lucky to get your assistance. Wil is fantastic!
Tina"

Yes, I agree. I am so lucky to have found Wil. I trul..."

message 42: by Joshua (new)

Joshua Schank | 2 comments Wil,

I was wondering if you were interested in reading my thriller "Hitman's Journey Back in Time." If you decide to take this book on, what format would you prefer it be in? The book is about a locked up hitman that begins speaking to an unknown audience. He begins speaking about his childhood and all the traumatizing things that happen to him that are part of the reason he becomes a hitman. As a hitman, he only takes "hits" out on past and current criminals. He is a dangerous man with a sick sense of humor.
Thank you!

message 43: by Wil (new)

Wil Scott | 159 comments Hi Joshua,

Oh this sounds very interesting. I would enjoy reading it! Please send it to greatscottediting@gmail.com and please use either PDF or Word format. Thank you so much! :) Wil

Joshua wrote: "Wil,

I was wondering if you were interested in reading my thriller "Hitman's Journey Back in Time." If you decide to take this book on, what format would you prefer it be in? The book is about a l..."

message 44: by Terrica (new)

Terrica Duncan (myjoyandlight) | 13 comments Hello, Wil

I have a sci-fi/fantasy novel that is available to be beta read. It is 180,000 words long. If you are interested, please PM me or email me at dubrolypublishing@gmail.com.

The synopsis of my novel, Prince Xander & the Sector of Damnation is below:

Synopsis:

The world falls to its knees in the 3rd millennium. To find out why, you must travel back in time to the 19th century when the Battle of Kilz took place in 1896. Through the journal entries of Xander Vilgo, an uncertain prince living in the 81st century, you will be introduced to vital characters such as the Kilz siblings and Samt Al-Ra’s Deus: the Commander of Thezabis, Interim Ambassadorio of humanity, and Creator of Rumarian Watchers.

Prince Xander & the Sector of Damnation: Battle of Kilz, Book I provides the sweeping backdrop that explains why Prince Xander must resume a fight that began in the 3rd millennium to protect the purity and diplomacy of mankind. Ripping power from the clutches of his father, cousin, and the Keeper of the Eternal Gates, Yezzra, will prove a formidable task.

Prepare to become engulfed in the voyages of several individuals as each one fights to prove that they are more important than the next.

This debut novel by a talented, fresh novelist is an imaginative fantasy novel with a touch of sci-fi, action-adventure, romance and steampunk. It will keep you reading from dawn to dusk. Don't sleep on this one.

** My book cover is my Goodreads avatar.

message 45: by Wil (new)

Wil Scott | 159 comments Hi,

Thank you so much :) I am looking forward to working with you. I have sent you an email.

Thanks again, Wil

Terrica wrote: "Hello, Wil

I have a sci-fi/fantasy novel that is available to be beta read. It is 180,000 words long. If you are interested, please PM me or email me at dubrolypublishing@gmail.com.

The synopsis ..."

message 46: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Poole | 4 comments Hi Wil,

I have a Christian Fiction Novella that would like to be beta read, do you read this genre? I am inserting the blurb below.

Thank you in advance!

A young woman going through the trials and tribulations of life finds herself in a lonely and desperate position that she can't get out of. Homeless and broken, she meets someone who would change her life, change the way she thinks, and change the way she looks at her life's journey.

After years of mediocrity and self pity, the young woman realizes that the key to her success has been inside of her all along. She begins to walk the long road to happiness and meets many tragic issues along the way. With a renewed spirit and outlook, she goes forward with courage and determination towards her new goal...Purpose.

message 47: by Wil (new)

Wil Scott | 159 comments Hi Christopher,

I would enjoy beta reading for you. Please send your work to me at greatscottediting@gmail.com

I am looking forward to reading this and working with you! :)

Thank you,
Wil

Christopher wrote: "Hi Wil,

I have a Christian Fiction Novella that would like to be beta read, do you read this genre? I am inserting the blurb below.

Thank you in advance!

A young woman going through the trials a..."

message 48: by Wil (new)

Wil Scott | 159 comments Hi Caleb,

I would enjoy reading your novel. Please send it to greatscottediting@gmal.com

Thank you very much, :)
Wil

Caleb wrote: "Hey Wil,

I can see you have a lot of folks wanting your service, but if you have a chance, I would love for you to take a look at my YA novel, The Last Papyron. It is a YA of 75K words.

Synopsis:..."

message 49: by N.M. (new)

N.M. (nmsotzek) | 4 comments Hi Wil,

I'd love for you to read my sci-fi novel CHASING THE UNDERGROUND. It is about 86,000 words, and while it is technically sci-fi, there are military and crime elements to it. It is the second in the series, but I'm looking for new eyes who haven't read the first.

Synopsis:
One year after quitting the Canadian Scanning Tournament and the death of his daughter, Cam Tylar is ready. When Artificial Intelligence Morphers were created twenty years earlier, the scientists found a dangerous flaw in the substance and chip coding which allowed AIMs to become animalistic. Underground scientists finally created a chip which will always remain under Asimov's laws, and Cam has successfully trained it.

But the founders of Scanning, the McCarthys, are not happy. If the public found out they were selling potentially dangerous AIMs it would ruin the worldwide sport, Scanning, and their reputation.

After resigning from team Revolution, Maria Kier joined the Canadian Army as an AIM Operations Technician. Following an attempt on her life she sought out Cam for answers, not knowing he was looking for the same thing.

Now Cam and the Underground must find a way to bring the new AIM into the mainstream, and keep their lives, while Maria uses her connections in the military in an attempt to finally bring down the McCarthys.

message 50: by S.A. (new)

S.A. Carter (sacarter) | 3 comments Hi Wil,

You are super busy I see but I have a YA fantasy paranormal novel of 83,000 words. Would be interested in another novel to beta read at all?

Kind Regards
Sheree

« previous 1 3 4 5 6