Reads With Friends discussion

Paper Towns > Mon. 4/27 | 1-45

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Mom2triplets04 (new)

Mom2triplets04 | 316 comments I'm going to like this book. Very fast paced. Got to page 46 quickly and want to read more.

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer White (jwhitern) Laughing out loud! "Getting you a date to prom is so hard that the hypothetical idea itself is actually used to cut diamonds." Has to be one of my favorite quotes I have read in a long time.
This is going to be fun!

message 4: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay Denney Loving this so far! TFiOS is one of my favorites but I was disappointed by Looking for Alaska so I'm glad I'm liking this so far. The black Santas situation was hilarious!!!

message 5: by Bogdana (new)

Bogdana (bogdana_m) | 26 comments This is my second time reading Paper Towns and this is even better than I remembered. So far I had quite a few laugh out loud moments. I adore Q and I am looking forward to continuing the read-along tomorrow!

message 6: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Murray So far this book is pretty funny and is making me want to read more. I loved TfiOS but hated Looking for Alaska so I'm hoping this is better. So far though Margo is reminding me a bit of Alaska which I don't like.

message 7: by Keshia (new)

Keshia (brain_candy) | 11 comments Attempted to read this earlier in the year, but didn't get past the prologue. Glad for this read along so that I can finally read it, and have it done before the movie comes out. Liking it so far, especially picturing 1200 black santas in one house.

Shannon (kitchandpages) (leaninglights) | 713 comments Mod
The black santas just cracks me up. Knowing John Green and his style choices, I can really picture the town and characters. I can almost hear a quirky offbeat soundtrack playing too! I'm always up for a good adventure book :)

message 9: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (bookworm1987) | 344 comments Mod
I was behind in yesterday's reading but got caught up this morning. This book is so far really funny. I agree Shannon I picture something of a soundtrack like from a modern day John Hughes film. I also loved Fault in Our Stars and hated Looking for Alaska. But so far I think I will enjoy this one since it seems like a travel book. I'm excited for the movie and the kid who played Quentin is pretty on touch of what I pictured. I wish though I kind of read this before I saw the trailer.

message 10: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay Denney Yeah, after having seen the trailer I can't unsee Cara Delevigne as Margo but so far she seems like a perfect fit for the role so I'm ok with it. :)

message 11: by Maria (new)

Maria H. | 4 comments I'm loving this so far! Like many of the others had said, I loved TFIOS and this does not disappoint. I agree, the Black Santas part was hilarious!

message 12: by Chrisa (new)

Chrisa (chrisahum) I've owned this book for at least a year and I'm glad I'm finally reading it. I love the writing style and it's funny and fast paced. I will look forward to seeing the movie after I finish it.