Reads With Friends discussion

Paper Towns > Tue. 4/28 | 46-93

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (bookworm1987) | 344 comments Mod
Anybody else think this book is funny? I find myself laughing at certain parts. That was a night one would remember! I wonder if they will film at sea world for that scene. Sea world right now is getting a lot of bad vibes from so many people though. So it makes me wonder. What do you guys think of Sea World?

message 3: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay Denney I think this book is hilarious! That's what I love about Joh Green's writing, it goes from funny to beautiful so quickly.

John Green actually just posted a video today about Paper Towns and he said they did not shoot at Seaworld because of the controversy and that those events would happen elsewhere. I live in Florida so it's funny to read about it.

message 4: by Bogdana (new)

Bogdana (bogdana_m) | 26 comments I am really enjoying the readalong as I am a huge fan of John Green's books. The only thing that bothers me is the fact that I am not a huge fan of Margo. The story is developing beautifully; what a wonderful, adventurous night!

Although I live in Atlanta, I go to Orlando quite often (huge fan of Universal and Islands) and this book is just making me want to take a vacation!

message 5: by Lauren (new)

I figured because of the controversy they wouldn't do that. I'm not sure I like Margo either but I find her interesting. She has a mysterious personality. It makes you want to know more about her.

Shannon (kitchandpages) (leaninglights) | 713 comments Mod
Just read this section! I also saw the VB video today about Paper Towns. Really excited to see the movie :) love the night adventure, though I could tell she would be gone in the morning. I really like the storyline, at this point I really feel like I know Q and Margo.

message 7: by Mom2triplets04 (new)

Mom2triplets04 | 316 comments I don't think this book is funny. Speaking from a parents view point. That girl needs some help. She doesn't follow rules and lots of anger issues. They broke lots of laws that night surprised they didn't get arrested. Felt bad for that old man imagine waking up to strangers in your house.

I knew she was going to go missing as I did watch the trailer.

message 8: by Lauren (new)

I think the book is funny like the dialogue. I agree Margo definitely needs help. They did break a lot of rules and I think it will get found out eventually. Especially once Margo disappears.

Shannon (kitchandpages) (leaninglights) | 713 comments Mod
Lauren wrote: "I think the book is funny like the dialogue. I agree Margo definitely needs help. They did break a lot of rules and I think it will get found out eventually. Especially once Margo disappears."

Agreed. It sounds like she's going to try and do something drastic, or she's being sent somewhere and is being very mysterious and dramatic about it... I love the story, though I think the small tidbits of theory and relativity are a bit much for teenagers. I don't think they would talk that way, though it's the same in TFiOS, and despite that, I still loved the story :P

message 10: by Keshia (new)

Keshia (brain_candy) | 11 comments I'm enjoying the book so far. Margo definitely had some interesting ideas for revenge. I know Q is enamored with her, but I wonder why he just keeps following her lead even though he doesn't really want to. An, I'm slowly, but surely loving Ben.