Reads With Friends discussion

Paper Towns > Fri. 5/1 | 190-240

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Shannon (kitchandpages) (leaninglights) | 713 comments Mod
It's all getting good - gotta find out what's happening and the reason behind it all! Ahh

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (bookworm1987) | 344 comments Mod
I couldn't imagine missing my high school graduation. But I guess I would understand in his situation. I can't wait to finally see where Margo ended up.

message 4: by Bogdana (new)

Bogdana (bogdana_m) | 26 comments I had to play catch-up today because I didn't get a change to read at all yesterday. I loved the after prom party, I was laughing out loud while reading about Ben and his beer sword; also, the superglued beer can to the hand. I really like Ben, he is super funny. However, even more than Ben, I love Radar. I think he is the glue that keeps their group together. And I really don't think that Q would have been able to get this far without him. I am very happy that he finally found a concrete message from her and that they are on their way to find her. Looking forward to see how the road trip goes.

message 5: by Mom2triplets04 (new)

Mom2triplets04 | 316 comments Finally finished fridays section. Crazy they missed their graduation like they couldn't wait till they graduated and then went. That's crazy. You only graduate from high school once. This section was so slow moving. So hope it picks up in last section.

message 6: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer White (jwhitern) Been getting behind this week, life is getting in the way. I am almost caught up. Am enjoying this book, trying to figure out where Margo is. I never went to graduation and don't feel like I missed out so I get it. Love the friendship between Q, Ben and Radar.

message 7: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay Denney I just can't imagine leaving my graduation at the last minute with my family already sitting out in the audience! They were probably so confused!

The friendship and banter between the boys is definitely my favorite thing about this book. I'm ready to get to the end!

message 8: by Keshia (new)

Keshia (brain_candy) | 11 comments I'm still trying to figure out Q's obsession with Margo. I wonder if he hadn't spent that night/adventure with her, right before she disappeared, if he would still be so hellbent on finding her.

Shannon (kitchandpages) (leaninglights) | 713 comments Mod
Keshia wrote: "I'm still trying to figure out Q's obsession with Margo. I wonder if he hadn't spent that night/adventure with her, right before she disappeared, if he would still be so hellbent on finding her."

I think the answer to that is no, he wouldn't have. He's always had a crush on her, but he sort of felt discarded and a part of her past. I think the all-night adventure gave him the motive and courage to actively pursue her and the life-long crush he's had on her. It said in the book that he's always had a massive crush on her but never did anything about it before. She gives him the confidence, I think! :)