A Novel Idea discussion

Books > The Book Thief Discussion

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kellie (new)

Kellie Rankey | 8 comments Mod
Hello everyone!

The May book that was chosen was The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. I will be posting discussion questions to start conversations, but please feel free to tell us your thoughts on the book as well.

Please feel free to be as involved or not involved as you want to be. Add comments, and respond to others.

I am so excited to read this book!

Postings on the book will begin around May 11th.

Thank you for getting involved!

message 2: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Vandenbroeck (lodewreb) | 3 comments Do we start reading at any time? Should we be finished by May 11th? Sorry for the silly questions.

message 3: by Kellie (new)

Rebecca wrote: "Do we start reading at any time? Should we be finished by May 11th? Sorry for the silly questions."

Not a silly question :) I wanted to give people enough time to read a good amount into the book before I started to post! You can start reading as soon as you would like! I plan to read about 40-50 pages a night :)

message 4: by Kellie (new)

How many of your are reading The Book Thief? What are your initial thoughts? :)

message 5: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Vandenbroeck (lodewreb) | 3 comments Kellie wrote: "How many of your are reading The Book Thief? What are your initial thoughts? :)"

Yes! This is my second time reading it. It's been a few years since I read it the first time. I forgot how much I love the narration and writing style. It is so easy to follow yet still very powerful. The Book Thief is such a unique story about war-time Germany. A great blend of laughter, love and sadness. Has anyone read the Jesse Owen's part yet?

message 6: by Ranee (new)

Ranee Babu | 4 comments Kellie wrote: "How many of your are reading The Book Thief? What are your initial thoughts? :)"

I have only read it only once. I like this book. Especially the writing style, and the unique perspective, because there are not that many books, where the author would write it in Death's perspective. The author, does a fantastic job of mixing different emotions. One second you are laughing, then you are crying, then you are angry, and so much more.

message 7: by Ranee (new)

Ranee Babu | 4 comments Rebecca wrote: "Kellie wrote: "How many of your are reading The Book Thief? What are your initial thoughts? :)"

Yes! This is my second time reading it. It's been a few years since I read it the first time. I forg..."

I have read the Jesse Owen's part, actually I have already finished the book.