The Reading Challenge Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Mini Challenge Archive 2014-2016 > Flowers Flowers Everywhere! (May 2015)

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Renee, Mistress of the Mini-Challenge (new)

Renee M | 4727 comments Mod
If April showers bring May flowers, what do May flowers bring?
A new mini-challenge!!!

Mission: Read a book that has the name of a flower in its title. This is a one book mini-challenge to be completed between May 1 - 31.

Examples:
White Oleander
The Secret History of the Pink Carnation
Daisy Miller

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Coyle | 1557 comments Reserved

message 3: by Mindy (new)

Mindy Jones (mindyrecycles) Challenge accepted. I'll read The Secret Hum of a Daisy.

message 4: by Cindy (new)

Cindy  | 384 comments Does it have to be a specific flower or can it have Flower in the title?

message 5: by Renee, Mistress of the Mini-Challenge (new)

The word "flower" is fine, too. :)

message 6: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Coyle | 1557 comments I have my book picked out, but will not get it read before the end of the month. I Thought of Daisy by Edmund Wilson is also found in the 1001 Books Before you Die list.

message 7: by Cindy (new)

Cindy  | 384 comments I took the challenge and read Under the Lilacs by Louisa May Alcott

message 8: by Renee, Mistress of the Mini-Challenge (new)

Great job, Cindy!

I've had mine picked out for awhile, Melissa, but haven't gotten to it yet either. I usually leave the monthly minis open for a couple extra weeks so people can finish up. Sometimes the best laid plan go awry. :D

message 9: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Coyle | 1557 comments Oh good and thank you! Would love to read this one! Your the best!

message 10: by megan (new)

megan | 914 comments Up for this! Hmm now to find something worthy.

message 11: by megan (new)

megan | 914 comments Oh! I have yet to read Snow Flower and the Secret Fan It was $2 on clearance! Thanks Half Price Books!

message 12: by Srividya (new)

Srividya Vijapure (theinkedmermaid) | 221 comments I just finished reading Rose Under Fire by Elizabeth Wein for this challenge. I liked this one better than the first book, Code Name Verity, in this set of companion books/series.

message 13: by megan (last edited May 25, 2015 03:05PM) (new)

megan | 914 comments Just finished Snow Flower and the Secret Fan. Absolutely blown away!! So glad I committed to this challenge. Snow Flower would have collected dust on my shelf for years had I not.

message 14: by Renee, Mistress of the Mini-Challenge (new)

That's a lovely thing to hear, Megan. I'm always so pleased when one of the minis works out that way. :)

Congrats to you, too. Srividya!

message 15: by Laronza (new)

Laronza Wiley-moore (laronzawiley-moore) | 236 comments I read..The abduction of Mary rose by Joan Hall Hovey

message 16: by Renee, Mistress of the Mini-Challenge (new)

Great! We've got a bouquet going here!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.