Speculative Short Fiction Deserves Love discussion

Independence (Two Democracies: Revolution, #0.5)
This topic is about Independence
Self Promotion Goes Here! > Military SF Short Story

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Alasdair Shaw (alasdairshaw) | 9 comments Hopefully the title didn't put too many off. Whilst the story involves ships and marines that isn't what it is really about.

Independence looks at the events following a battle from two different perspectives. One is that of Commander Olivia Johnson, captain of one of two stricken ships. The other is a mystery even to himself. Both characters' state of mind changes as events unfold and they are forced to react.

If anyone would like a free copy to review feel free to reply or message me...

Alasdair Shaw (alasdairshaw) | 9 comments Independence is currently free on Kindle (http://www.amazon.com/Independence-Tw...). It is #28 in Military Science Fiction > Space Marines on Amazon UK at the moment!
If anyone would like to grab it I'd really appreciate a review...

message 3: by Howie (last edited May 10, 2015 05:15PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Howie Erickson | 3 comments Thanks for the read -- I liked the piece and will post a review on Amazon. Howie

Alasdair Shaw (alasdairshaw) | 9 comments Thank you!
I can't believe how well this free promotion is going - currently #14 in Military Science Fiction > Space Marines on amazon.com

message 5: by Dan (new)

Dan | 13 comments Congrats, Alasdair! I've downloaded my copy but haven't gotten a chance to read it yet. Looking forward to checking it out.

Alasdair Shaw (alasdairshaw) | 9 comments One day left on the free promo. It seems to have peaked at #5 in Science Fiction and Fantasy Shorts and #9 in Space Marine.

Howie: Thanks for the review promise. I look forward to reading it.

Howie Erickson | 3 comments Posted the following short review on Amazon. "Fast paced short story from two distinct perspectives. Well written and fun to read. It is obviously the setup for novels to follow. I look forward to the release of the novels."

Alasdair Shaw (alasdairshaw) | 9 comments Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it.

Speculative Short Fiction Deserves Love

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Independence (other topics)