What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. romance novel about a 30-something female who was sent to scotland to find a wife [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Greta (new)

Greta Gaurilčikaitė | 11 comments It's a book about a woman who is some kind of woman activist but all females didn't want her help, because she was scary. Then her mother I think sent her to some earls or sth village to find him a wife. Wen she went to the village and said where she was going, everyone laughed. Wen she went to the castle (with a heavy suitcase) she was very dirty and the master of the castle didn't want her in. Later she convinced him that she came to find a wife. Cleaned the castle and found several women who were unfit for him and they actually fell in love. And at the time of the wedding, she went to the church and found out it was her wedding. She ran away and after two years he came to find her. I am sorry about inconsistency, but this is how I remember this book. Please help me find it.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
When did you read it? What era is it set in?

message 3: by Greta (new)

Greta Gaurilčikaitė | 11 comments I read it about 10 years ago, and it was set in 70's or 90's somewhere in between

message 4: by Tracy (last edited Apr 30, 2015 07:53PM) (new)

Tracy | 86 comments I read something similar where the woman was rich was often in the news for helping women with work and homes, she was known for wearing big hats. Her stepfather makes her go to Scotland from America to help this guy get married and somewhere in the storyline was a search for a hidden family treasure. Is it Temptation by Jude Deveraux?

message 5: by Greta (new)

Greta Gaurilčikaitė | 11 comments Yes yes yes, thank you so much!!!!

message 6: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 86 comments You're welcome

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Temptation (other topics)