Happily Ever After Cafe discussion

Fun and Games > Dinner with Who?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments I noticed Goodreads did a survey of authors readers would love to have dinner with and what would be served. I'm curious as to what romance authors you would want to have dinner.

So, if you could have dinner with any romance author, who would it be? And what is one dish you would be sure to serve them?

message 2: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments I loved to have dinner with Lisa Kleypas. I think I'd serve her Cioppino...

message 3: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Sharpe (abigailsharpe) | 2010 comments Hee, the fun thing about being a romance author is you get to have dinner with other romance authors at conventions and stuff. *grin*

BUT I'd choose to have dinner with Jane Austen. And I'd give her some good ol' burgers and fries.

message 4: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments **chuckles** Great food choice, Abigail... and author choice.

message 5: by Kari (new)

Kari | 1791 comments Probably Diana Gabaldon, I think she'd make interesting conversation. On the menu we have Scottish Salmon and/or Haddock with Veggies and Sticky Toffee Pudding for dessert. The Cioppino sounds good too. And now I'm hungry...

message 6: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Great choices! I'm torn on who I'd pick but I hope to make my selection soon.

message 7: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Sharpe (abigailsharpe) | 2010 comments I almost had dinner with her once. And then I almost had lunch. Instead we chatted for a bit before she spoke at an event.

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 13013 comments I'll think I'd like to join Kari's dinner with Diana Gabaldon. Love the menu and yes really interesting conversation.

Plus, can we have it in Spain. After watching the latest season of Game of Thrones some scenes were filmed in Seville. I wanna go there!

The Bronte sisters would be also be great dinner guests. It has always fascinated me how these upright English spinsters wrote such passionate stories.

message 9: by Kari (new)

Kari | 1791 comments Lisa - (Aussie Girl) wrote: "I'll think I'd like to join Kari's dinner with Diana Gabaldon..."

That would be so much fun, Lisa!! Yesss, we can have our Scottish dinner with Diana here in Spain. And then I'll take you sightseeing :).

message 10: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments I guess I'll go with Kristen Ashley. Although there are about a dozen others I'd love to choose too.

My reason for choosing her is because I've read many of her books and I know she would be tons of fun. I know I'd laugh myself silly in her presence and who doesn't need a few laughs now and then.

For dinner, since I'm Texan, I'd go with steaks on the grill and all the fixin's.

message 11: by ShoSho (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 1110 comments I'm thinking Nalini Singh ! She's the nicest author I follow on twitter/FB/GR! I don't know what dish but definitely a chocolaty dessert!