2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage
. Week 16: Favorite Author > Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage by Haruki Murakami

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Erica | 214 comments Haruki Murakami has been my favourite author for years but I hadn't gotten around to reading this one yet so I chose it. I thought it was really moving and hard to put down, but it lacked some of the surrealism that I love about his other novels.

message 2: by Narma (new)

Narma | 49 comments I love Murakami. I think he is my favorite author as well. I've been meaning to read this book, but haven't cracked it yet :(

My favorite of his was Wind Up Bird Chronicle.

Erica | 214 comments It's a tie between Wind Up Bird Chronicle and A Wild Sheep Chase for me :)

message 4: by Grace Meredith (new)

Grace Meredith (koreantrash) I've never heard of his books, could someone tell me what they're about?

Erica | 214 comments He's a Japanese author who has had his books translated into English. All of his books are different, but they are often about a lonely male character, who has some kind of surreal experience (parallel worlds, etc) although I wouldn't call it science fiction or fantasy. They are usually wonderfully weird :)