readers advisory for all discussion

Golden Boy
This topic is about Golden Boy
so ask already!!! > Intersex.... transexual

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jason (last edited Apr 25, 2015 10:52PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jason (skinnydippingintobooks) | 234 comments so.... i recently read "golden boy". It was a departure from my obsession with gay lit. I really enjoyed it, and learning a lot, I would love to venture further into the subject matter. Does anyone have any recs for similar books? books on this subject matter?

Per usual, anything that is on the sidelines of this topic is always welcomed too. So, like, for instance, transexual.

fiction... non fiction..... all are welcome.

message 2: by Elena (new)

Elena (elenalikesbooks) | 95 comments Not sure if it's your thing, but Pantomime is an interesting YA fantasy with an intersex main character.

Jason (skinnydippingintobooks) | 234 comments Elena wrote: "Not sure if it's your thing, but Pantomime is an interesting YA fantasy with an intersex main character."

looks interesting. ill have to check it out. thanks

Jason (skinnydippingintobooks) | 234 comments Thank you thank you! Thank you....

Jason (skinnydippingintobooks) | 234 comments Memoirs are something I know is non fiction but it's like this separate entity for me.... So thanks.

reading is my hustle (readingismyhustle) | 66 comments You might try either (or both!) of these:

Trans-Sister Radio

Middlesex

message 8: by Betsy (new)

Betsy | 189 comments Another possibility is Crossing: A Memoir. It's a memoir. I haven't read it but it was a University of Chicago Press free book one month, and it looks interesting.

Jason (skinnydippingintobooks) | 234 comments Elizabeth wrote: "You might try either (or both!) of these:

Trans-Sister Radio

Middlesex"

Ill try the other. I went for middlesex awhile back... I didnt take to it and i cant tell you why.

message 10: by karen, future RA queen (new) - rated it 4 stars

karen (karenbrissette) | 1315 comments Mod
for intersex, i enjoyed Annabel but Golden Boy is a tough act to follow.

for trans characters, For Today I Am a Boy is supposed to be excellent, but i haven't read it myself.

as for "sideline" books, you might want to check out Misfortune and Perfect Peace, which are about characters who are boys but are raised as girls. completely different treatments of the theme - misfortune is funny and adventure-y, and perfect peace is ... not. but i enjoyed them both.

Jason (skinnydippingintobooks) | 234 comments karen wrote: "for intersex, i enjoyed Annabel but Golden Boy is a tough act to follow.

for trans characters, For Today I Am a Boy is supposed to be excellent, bu..."

YES! to all of this! I almost forgot about For today I am a boy.

thanks for all of these....!