2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

Ilíada
This topic is about Ilíada
. Week 23: 100+ Years Old > Iliad by Homero

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Pereira (adrianacecilia) I started reading this a few weeks ago. I was trying to get inspiration to write a short story for a contest but I came to the conclusion that I'm way better at reading than writing.

Anyway, I haven't read much of it yet but I'm enjoying it. I loved reading about mythology as a little girl and I found out that I still love it today. I hope someone joins me on this one!

message 2: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (sawphie) You're well over the 100 years with this book haha! I always loved mythology but strangely never considered reading these books. How is the writing?

message 3: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Pereira (adrianacecilia) I haven't read much of it yet (this challenge isn't going so well for me ahaha) but I really enjoyed what I read so far! I really like the writing but since it's a (epic) poem you should probably do some research about the best translation (I'm reading it in portuguese so unfortunately I can't help you there).

But if you love mythology you will definitely enjoy it! :D I always though literature this old would be intimidating - it is a +500 page poem afterwall! (at least, in the edition I'm reading) - but I was proven wrong!