#AYEARATHON discussion

May 2015 - Re-Read > May - To Be Read (TBR)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 63 (63 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by ke-sha (new)

ke-sha (angel707) | 2008 comments Mod
What are you planning to reread for the month of May?

Amber (bookstacksamber) (bookstacksamber) A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4) by J.K. Rowling

And I'm planning to skim through Yes Please by Amy Poehler because I recently purchased a physical copy and I read it via audiobook the first time.

message 3: by Monica (new)

Monica Go | 82 comments I haven't been able to participate this year..grrrr. Hopefully I can this month! Probably re-reading HP and the half-blod prince.

message 4: by Matt (new)

Matt Carl (pressenter) I will be rereading Foundation by Isaac Asimov before reading the next two books in the Foundation trilogy.

message 5: by ADPiBookworm (last edited Apr 26, 2015 12:12PM) (new)

ADPiBookworm | 4 comments I want to see how many Harry Potter books I can get trough in a week I will also be rereading The Baker's Memory

message 6: by A (new)

A | 18 comments I will be re reading harry potter and halo by alexandra adornetto.

message 7: by Savi (new)

Savi (savk) Gonna go the Harry Potter route as well.

message 8: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Thomas (torict94) I also plan to re read the Harry Potter series

message 9: by sena (new)

sena (rotringstein) | 2 comments I'll be rereading Animal Farm and The Museum of Innocence if possible

message 10: by Em (new)

Em (awkwarddem) I'm going to be rereading my Sarah Dessen books :)

message 11: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Angell Rebecca. Sense and Sensibility. The Accidental Apprentice.

message 12: by Kirsten (last edited Apr 26, 2015 12:10PM) (new)

Kirsten (kielianne) | 164 comments hmm not sure as I have soo many books I want to read for the first time but a couple I may get to are:
The BFG by Roald Dahl and Far from the Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy (before seeing the movie that's coming out soon)

message 13: by Ashli (last edited Apr 26, 2015 12:31PM) (new)

Ashli Lewis (muchfaith22) I'm in the process already of re-reading HP, I'm hoping to finish OoP tonight, and start on HBP tomorrow, but not sure how far I'll get in it before this readathon starts (been reading OoP for a month almost!), so I'll be midst of HBP probably, and/or onto DH.

message 14: by Yvonne (last edited Apr 27, 2015 01:49PM) (new)

Yvonne I am already in the process of re-reading the Harry Potter series with my kids and I don't want to get too far ahead of them (which would be all too easy), so I think I might pick up City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra Clare City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3) by Cassandra Clare to re-read...and maybe carry it over into next month by reading the Infernal Devices series

message 15: by Lara (new)

Lara (laraiswrite) | 100 comments Sweet, it's almost time! This is going to be my first time doing the yearathon. I've been wanting to join in since I heard about it in mid January but I just kept forgetting about it until it was too late. Such is life. Haha. Anyway, I'm really excited to have remembered in time now! Here's my TBR for the month of May. Hopefully I won't be so busy that I hardly have time to finish even one. Lol.
Magic's Pawn (Valdemar Last Herald-Mage #1) by Mercedes Lackey Magic's Promise (Valdemar Last Herald-Mage #2) by Mercedes Lackey Magic's Price (Valdemar Last Herald-Mage #3) by Mercedes Lackey Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

I have already started the Harry Potter series, so I will be finishing that. Not sure what I will re-read if I finish before this re-read is over.

Ashley (JaffaCaffa) (jaffacaffa) | 6 comments I've been meaning to reread the Harry Potter series as well, in the need of a "comfort read" so I'm excited. :)

message 19: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey | 2 comments I'll be reading. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I have a personal goal to read one HP a month and I'll be on #5 this month. Glad I can participate with a book I already planned to read.

message 21: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (lray4373) | 11 comments cress

message 22: by Kirsty (new)

Kirsty (gondorianjedi) | 91 comments Like others, I plan to use this reread challenge to read books in series so I can continue on with the ones I have yet to read. I don't have a set TBR as yet, but I have a few options:

Curse of the Wolf Girl by Martin Millar (The second book in the Kalix MacRinnalch werewolf series, so I can finally go on and read the third book)
The Dead-Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan (another second book in a series so I can go on to the third)
Eldest so I can finally move on to the third and fourth books.
or possibly Unearthly by Cynthia Hand, so I can read the others.

message 23: by Lorien (new)

Lorien (lorienkittybooks) | 171 comments I'm planning on rereading Queen of the Darkness and maybe Dreams Made Flesh. Also probably will read The Fight for Truth and The Shattered Peace

message 24: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashleymabus) I might re-read Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. Or if I can get myself to finish rereading The Iron King, I'll continue rereading that series.

message 25: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn Gregory | 13 comments Unfortunately I won't be participating in this one because that is the week of my exams but I will probably try to read The Hunger Games again.

message 26: by Hazuki (new)

Hazuki (hazuki_lc) | 59 comments I don't think I'll be re-reading anything this time because 1: my exams and 2: tbr... :/

message 27: by Ana Luisa (new)

Ana Luisa (analureads) I'm planning on re-reading the last three books in the Harry Potter series, so HP and the Order of the Phoenix, the Half-Blood Prince and the Deathly Hallows.

message 28: by Freya (new)

Freya | 8 comments Oh this'd be a great opportunity to reread We Were Liars!(:

message 29: by Stacy (new)

Stacy Porter (stacymporter) | 2 comments I'm rereading Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy series :)

message 30: by Heidi (last edited Apr 27, 2015 12:15PM) (new)

Heidi (heididrie) | 18 comments Having a busy time these days...
But I will try to re-read 2 off my favorite books!

In Lucia's Eyes by Arthur Japin The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho

message 31: by Kirsty (new)

Kirsty (kirstymc) I want to re-read Daughter of Smoke & Bone because I've finally got the next two books in the series but I can't for the life of me remember what happened in the first one! I also want to read The Book Thief because it's been a year since I first read it and it's still my favourite. If I've got time I'd also like to re-read Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm going to (finally) be starting my A Song of Ice and Fire reread project. So I'll be rereading A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) by George R.R. Martin and if I get to it(which is unlikely) A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire, #2) by George R.R. Martin

message 33: by Hana'a (new)

Hana'a (osnapitzhanaa) | 166 comments Not sure if I will be on my way to Florida when this starts or not so if I can participate I plan on rereading book 3 and 4 of the PJ series The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3) by Rick Riordan The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4) by Rick Riordan

message 34: by Emilee (new)

Emilee McDonald | 38 comments The last song by Nicholas sparks

message 35: by [deleted user] (last edited May 02, 2015 01:07PM) (new)

(@Emilee)I have that book in my tbr pile. need to read it soon, so I can give it back to my grandma but still have several books to read from the library and have some book challenges coming up.

message 36: by Toby (last edited Apr 30, 2015 04:55AM) (new)

Toby Finke (tobyf) | 9 comments I might read The Lover's Dictionary for the third time, or Looking for Alaska for the third time. Other possibilities are Two Boys Kissing and Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe

message 37: by Megan (new)

Megan | 22 comments Here's what I plan to attempt to read this time around:

A Great and Terrible Beauty (Gemma Doyle, #1) by Libba Bray
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis Carroll
Peter Pan in Kensington Gardens and Peter and Wendy by J.M. Barrie
The Neverending Story by Michael Ende

I'm like 90% sure I won't get through all of them, but you never know.

message 38: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Chung (bingereader19) | 122 comments I am currently re-reading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4) by J.K. Rowling to my kids. I'll probably continue with Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter, #5) by J.K. Rowling . Wanted to read Vampire Academy and Frostbite as well...but I have a ton of library books due ;) Good luck everyone!!

message 39: by ke-sha (new)

Amber wrote: "A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. MaasHarry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3) by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4) by J.K. Rowling

And I'm planning to skim throu..."

Hope you enjoy the books as much as the
first time if not more.

Mmm... I have yet to read a Book I've listened to on Audio. I wonder if it Differs for you in some way?

Happy Reading :)

message 40: by ke-sha (new)

Monica wrote: "I haven't been able to participate this year..grrrr. Hopefully I can this month! Probably re-reading HP and the half-blod prince."

I hope you get to participate this month. Harry Potter is always nice to dive back into. Enjoy :)

message 41: by ke-sha (new)

Matt wrote: "I will be rereading Foundation by Isaac Asimov before reading the next two books in the Foundation trilogy."

I have yet to read any books by Isaac Asimov (I own The End of Eternity) how do you like his work?

message 42: by ke-sha (new)

Missy wrote: "I want to see how many Harry Potter books I can get trough in a week I will also be rereading The Baker's Memory"

Here's hoping you get to them all!!!

The Backers Memory seems interesting. What did you think about it the first time you read it?

Its available on Kindle Unlimited and I'm doing the Free trial this month so Hopefully I can get to it.

message 43: by Monica (new)

Monica Go | 82 comments ke-sha wrote: "Monica wrote: "I haven't been able to participate this year..grrrr. Hopefully I can this month! Probably re-reading HP and the half-blod prince."

I hope you get to participate this month. Harry Po..."

Yes! I already started though, in case I get too busy with uni this week. I'm also thinking about re-reading The strange case of Dr. Jackyll and Mr- Hyde, it's been so long.

message 44: by Hazuki (new)

Hazuki (hazuki_lc) | 59 comments Exams are a week away for me so I won't be able to do this read-a-thon either. Perhaps next month's! :)

Amber (bookstacksamber) (bookstacksamber) ke-sha wrote: "Amber wrote: "A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. MaasHarry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3) by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4) by J.K. Rowling

And I'm planning..."

Amy's book has a bunch of pictures, scans of handwritten things, notes in the margin of the book, etc. I missed out on all that when I listened to the audiobook, so since I own the book now, I want to take the time to flip through it and look at all the graphic stuff.

message 46: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Noel (wherestephaniereads) | 39 comments This read-a-thon I will be reading again Halo by Alexandra Ardonetto, Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbit and Ill Wind by Rachel Caine. This is to start with if I have more time during the week I will pick up more books add them here.

message 47: by Ana (new)

Ana (404-equivalent) | 90 comments Uhh, I will not seriously join this readathon this month, since I have a lot of reading for school to be done. But if I will need something to wind myself up I'll be reading Sabriel, since I've read it more than 5 years ago and I want to continue with the series. :)

message 48: by Jayne (new)

Jayne (janujennifer) | 18 comments I am going to reread "Every Day" by David Levithan, "Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe" by Benjamin Alire Sáenz, and "Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson. If I still have time, I will read "Ready Player One" by Ernest Cline.

message 49: by The Jared Brown (new)

The Jared Brown I am going to read Leven Thumps and the gateway to foo by Obert Skye. Than Beyonders seeds of rebellion by Brandon Mull and maybe a Hardy Boys book?

message 50: by Ashli (new)

Ashli Lewis (muchfaith22) I'd already been rereading Harry Potter so I'm starting off this week at page 200 of HBP. Will be completing this and moving onto DH, it'd be awesome to complete them both this week, but I don't see that happening. Lol

« previous 1