Divergent (Divergent, #1) Divergent discussion

SUMMER READS!?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lizzie Mcclure I want to create a good summer reading list with good young adult fiction! :) Suggestions?

Kristen What have you read already?
What type of YA books are you looking for?

Lizzie Mcclure I have already read the popular books like Divergent, Hunger Games, The Selection, Outsiders, The Giver, and so on. I want to read books similar to those, with similar themes.

Leah Throne of Glass, Legend, and City of Bones are good books to check out if you haven't already.

Izzy Panic

Nuran My current favourite YA series is angelfall.

Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) by Susan Ee World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2) by Susan Ee

I also recommend the graceling series, though I find the second book Fire to be the best and it can be read standalone.

Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1) by Kristin Cashore Fire (Graceling Realm, #2) by Kristin Cashore Bitterblue (Graceling Realm, #3) by Kristin Cashore

Kelly Martin The books by Melissa Marr are great too. Wicked Lovely and Ink Exchange are the first two

Lizzie Mcclure Thanks you so much:)

Demi Reddman Lizzie wrote: "I want to create a good summer reading list with good young adult fiction! :) Suggestions?"

This book literally came out a few months. I found it by it's cover and it really interested me! I finished the book in 3 days because there was sooo much action happening. You would want to find out what the protagonist - Orian - will do next to keep himself alive! Let me know if you try it!!!! Breakout A Storm is Coming. A Rebellion is Reviving. by Xavier Bronton

message 10: by Kristen (last edited Jul 08, 2015 06:52PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kristen Well, it's been a while since I checked back to answer you...sorry about that.

Birthmarked trilogy by Caragh O'Brien
Eve trilogy by Anna Carey
Matched trilogy by Ally Condie
Delirium trilogy by Lauren Oliver
Wither trilogy by Lauren DeStefano
XVI by Julia Carr (although who knows if the third book is ever coming out....)

Some people loved the Uglies series. I hated it.

The Iron King series is very good, but more fantasy than dystopia.

Most of these aren't fantastically great in my opinion, but I did like them, and they are similar to what you were asking for.