Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > No cover for a book

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karen (new)

Karen Dransfield | 9 comments The Killer Tadpole

I have a photo of the book which I was trying to upload to the record. I own a copy. I know if I'm adding a new book record I can add a picture at the time of adding it. Is there a way for me to do this for a book record already in existence?

And is there a way to add the details of an illustrator of Rebecca Campbell-Grey to the book entry too?

message 2: by Renske (new)

Renske | 10805 comments As you are not a librarian you can't add the cover. But if you add the photo of your copy to your profile we can take it from there.

message 3: by Sasha (new)

Sasha Harding | 3 comments I am trying to add a photo of my book to my author page,I wonder if you could help,I seem to be going round in circles.I have uploaded the photo to my profile page.
Sasha harding
My book is called A brush with the coast.
Many thanks

message 4: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 20194 comments Sasha wrote: "I am trying to add a photo of my book to my author page,I wonder if you could help,I seem to be going round in circles.I have uploaded the photo to my profile page.
Sasha harding
My book is called ..."

Added the cover, deleted the no-isbn duplicate, corrected the isbn.
Did you claim the author profile? If you did, the claim has not been processed by Goodreads. That's why you could not add the cover.

message 5: by Sasha (new)

Sasha Harding | 3 comments Arenda wrote: "Sasha wrote: "I am trying to add a photo of my book to my author page,I wonder if you could help,I seem to be going round in circles.I have uploaded the photo to my profile page.
Sasha harding
My b..."

Many thanks,do I need to wait for my claim to be processed in order to start a book give away? And how long does it take,I submitted it a while ago.
Sash

message 6: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 20194 comments Librarian can't help you with giveaways.
Processing of your claim by Goodreads can take a few business days; also not something librarians can help you with.

message 7: by Karen (new)

Karen Dransfield | 9 comments Hi Renske,
I've just uploaded the picture of the book The Killer Tadpole to my profile. Thanks.

Renske wrote: "As you are not a librarian you can't add the cover. But if you add the photo of your copy to your profile we can take it from there."

message 8: by Sasha (new)

Sasha Harding | 3 comments Ok,thank you for your help.
Sash

message 9: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments #7 Done