The Lunar Chronicles discussion

Would you show mercy to Queen Levana or kill her IF given the chance?

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ??? (new)

??? (DOHFIASND) | 25 comments I would show mercy to be honest :/

message 2: by Amphitrite (new)

Amphitrite (ravenclaweruditedemigodselected) | 37 comments I would hug her and worship her and be a loyal follower. Yeah I know you guys will think I'm weird but honestly she is so amazing and I would love to be a loyal thaumaturge in her court as long as I'm not controlling wolf hybrids those things are way too dangerous so I'll stick to controlling her guards and making Eartheans bow to her every will

message 3: by Mirou (new)

Mirou | 5 comments I don't know. I think she's not evil deep within her and I believe that some evils have a chance to redeem themselves. But, It wouldn' stop me for torture her .. just a little.

message 4: by lottie (new)

lottie (outergalactic) | 14 comments I'd probably not show mercy, especially for everyone she has not shown mercy too. Remember Winter recounts how she has sat countless times in the court, with blood staining the tiles from everyone victim Levana had arrested in. And remember Scarlet? Made her cut off her own finger! And come on, she practically murderered her own niece, her own blood relation. Like, seriously, I know she didn't die anyway, but Levana didn't know that, and she lived with the guilt of knowing what she had done, only she felt happyness and relief instead of guilt. So no, I would not show her mercy.

message 5: by Jessica (new)

Jessica  (jssnde) Nope

message 6: by *Amelia* (new)

*Amelia* (StormyMage) | 68 comments Kill her, but painlessly if possible

message 7: by Carina (new)

Carina | 42 comments I agree ^

message 8: by Ezra (new)

Ezra (werewolfprince) | 11 comments I wouldn't show her any mercy. She's still accountable for all of her actions, despite Channary most likely being the cause of all of it.

She's a great villain but she needs to go.

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Gonzales | 3 comments Kill.

message 10: by Emma (new)

Emma | 6 comments KILL HER! KILL HER! KILL HER!

I would probably have nightmares about it but it would be totally worth it.

True I haven't read Fairest so I don't know her backstory.
But I think after all she has done it would be best for her not to harm any more innocents as she would probably use your hesitation as the perfect opportunity to kill you.

message 11: by Ella (new)

Ella  (jskemna2yahoocom) | 2 comments Nope, definitely kill her because; First, she KILLED Cinder's parents.
Second, she killed Maha Kesley (I loved Maha) and Third because she kinda killed Peony.... I HATE HER!!!

message 12: by Diane (new)

Diane (mystifiedswift) @Ella She didn't kill Cinder's parents. Chanary died of some sort of regolith lung disease. Her father is unknown. If you're talking about her adoptive parents, Adri is still alive and what's-his-name died of letumosis. They all died of natural cáues.

message 13: by Diane (new)

Diane (mystifiedswift) *causes

message 14: by Tayla (new)

Tayla French | 3 comments Implant her with that lunar gift disabler thing and throw her in the deepest darkest dungeon to live out the rest of her days as an animal. That's the mercy she gets.

message 15: by Jen (new)

Jen | 18 comments I would give her Garan's invention and then lock her up. Not gonna lie, she did terrible things, but we'll be nice. Sorta.....

message 16: by Ariana (new)

Ariana | 1 comments I'm not sure I would spare her for mercy reasons. But I would like to keep her alive for questioning. I would want to know why she did some of the things that she did.

message 17: by *Amelia* (new)

*Amelia* (StormyMage) | 68 comments Diane wrote: "@Ella She didn't kill Cinder's parents. Chanary died of some sort of regolith lung disease. Her father is unknown. If you're talking about her adoptive parents, Adri is still alive and what's-his-n..."

Letumosis isn't a natural cause...

It's biological warfare, deliberately sent to earth by Levanna.

But she did kill a LOT of people.

She unleashed Letumosis, which killed hundreds of thousands of people.

She had her Wolf Mutants kill thousands of people.

She killed that one shell's father on trial at the begginining of winter, and it is mentioned that she's killed many others.

She attempts to murder Selene as a baby, killing her nurse maiden

She kills a ton of her own subjects during the uprising.

She has her own HUSBAND killed.

She infects Winter and several other Lunars with Letumosis, some of which die.

And WHO KNOWS who else?

She's a genocidal maniac.

message 18: by Linda (new)

Linda Ding (lindiiyya) | 1 comments Honestly, I think it's just the way she's been raised. All Lunars court people seems to be merciless and unloving.
I think that Levana has just been spoiled too much, it wasn't exactly all her fault, if she had been raised properly, then she would have been a better person. It's like the incident with Evert. She's all "Marry me, Evert, marry me," selfishly thinking that he's in love with her just because she's the "better person" because that'how she has been raised. Royalty are better than "peasants."
If I had the chance, yes, I would have nightmares and be traumatized by it but yes, I would kill her.

message 19: by *Amelia* (new)

*Amelia* (StormyMage) | 68 comments Lots of people are raised terribly, and still turn out okay.
I admit she may have turned out better if she'd been raised differently, but honestly, almost ANYTHING would be better then the pspychotic lunatic she did end up as.
I still don't think killing should be done, but with Levana, there really isn't any other way, she's too much of a danger to society.
I'd have to kill her too.

And it's Ev-ret not Ev-ert :)

message 20: by Agnik (new)

Agnik | 46 comments I would kill her as I believe she has run out of second chances. Besides she was ready to destroy all of Earth just so that she could be the Empress.

message 21: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 10 comments I would kill her.
I understand that she never chose to become evil of her own will and that her sister, Channary, was the root of all the destruction that Levana caused but she seemed damaged beyond repair. So wound up in her illusion that she forgot what true love and true beauty is. She is doing evil without truly realising it, or rather convincing herself that her deeds were for the greater good. AND she tried to kill Cinder at the end of Winter. She is dangerous if spared, so I'll kill her.

message 22: by Agnik (new)

Agnik | 46 comments @Zofia

I agree that she must have a mental issue but I would kill her as you can not predict what such 'person' will do next. She would break free from wherever she would be kept. That is my opinion.

message 23: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 20, 2017 01:12AM) (new)

Of course she did a lot of wrong, but I would not kill her. Killing someone because they killed someone is still wrong. So, to me this is not really a question and I would def. show mercy.
Also, there are people you cannot be mind-controlled (e.g. Cress) who could guard her in prison/a mental ward.

message 24: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 10 comments Agnik wrote: "@Zofia

I agree that she must have a mental issue but I would kill her as you can not predict what such 'person' will do next. She would break free from wherever she would be kept. That is my opinion."

Exactly

message 25: by AlyssLea (last edited May 30, 2017 03:04PM) (new)

AlyssLea | 6 comments Marisa Meyer has such a sense of humor. I looked up the meanings of most Lunar names that you hear, and the only one has (almost) no realation to the moon...
Levana: Protector of newborns - Really Marisa?
Channary: Moon faced girl
Selene: Luna/Moon
Jannali(Levana and Channary's mother): Place of the Moon

The other reason she has a sense of humor is Jacin:
Jacin: Healer - Poor Jacin!
Ze'ev: Wolf

message 26: by AlyssLea (new)

AlyssLea | 6 comments Also:
Evret: One who is as strong as the wild boar

message 27: by Amani (new)

Amani I would show her mercy because I would never have the guts to kill anyone, but I would definitely send her to jail.

message 28: by Kennedy (new)

Kennedy (kennedysrecentreads) | 3 comments I would show mercy. I think in Fairest we really get to see how sad her life is and understand her motives. I fully believe she could be redeemed.

message 29: by Captain Nemo (new)

Captain Nemo (The Demigod Slytherin Who Drives A Jeep) | 31 comments No I think she would attempt to kill me, like how she tried to kill Cinder.

message 30: by Angela (new)

Angela (love2sing13) | 17 comments Same!! So I would definitely kill her

message 31: by Antonia (new)

Antonia Denisse Bustos (antoniadenisseb) | 12 comments Kill her right away

message 32: by ogena (new)

ogena | 10 comments I probably wouldn't kill her, because of how good some of her ideas were. First she would need some major therapy, and then I would let her be present in meetings so that she can help with ideas, like what she did when Channary was queen.

message 33: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (Book Hooked) I would show her mercy but keep her locked up. But then she could use her powers so🤷🏼‍♀️ unless we got that cure to stop people from using their glamour....

message 34: by Princess (new)

Princess Ozera | 25 comments KILL KILL for what she did to little cress! KILL KILL KILL KILL

message 35: by Elisia (new)

Elisia | 30 comments I feel like I would allow her to live but force her to get on of Linh Garran's devices installed, so she can't use her glamour and make herself beautiful, and everyone could see that she is as ugly on the outside as she is on the inside. That would be the worst punishment for her.

message 36: by Elisia (new)

Elisia | 30 comments deleted user wrote: "Of course she did a lot of wrong, but I would not kill her. Killing someone because they killed someone is still wrong. So, to me this is not really a question and I would def. show mercy.
Also, th..."

If you kill a killer the amount of killers in the world would remain the same...

message 37: by Elisia (new)

Elisia | 30 comments *Amelia* wrote: "Diane wrote: "@Ella She didn't kill Cinder's parents. Chanary died of some sort of regolith lung disease. Her father is unknown. If you're talking about her adoptive parents, Adri is still alive an..."

She is a sociopath. But I wouldn't kill her. She values her beauty more than anything, maybe even her life. So a real punishment would be to take away her beauty.

message 38: by Elisia (new)

Elisia | 30 comments Amphitrite wrote: "I would hug her and worship her and be a loyal follower. Yeah I know you guys will think I'm weird but honestly she is so amazing and I would love to be a loyal thaumaturge in her court as long as ..."

I kind of see where you're getting at...but my moral code says," No. You must not follow the sociopath." But it would be an easier life( until Cinder's rebellion) to just follow her and be a thaumaturge.