Gathering Blue Gathering Blue question

What did you think of Gathering Blue?
Ariana Burr Ariana Apr 25, 2015 06:34PM
I thought that this book was not a bad book necessarily, but it didn't live up to the expectations that I had for it after reading The Giver.

When read in the context of the whole Giver series, Gathering Blue does make sense, and adds to the reader's understanding of the post-apocalyptic world that generated the society of the Giver. As a "stand alone" novel, however, Gathering Blue is a bit thin, the plot, characters, and drama are not as fully developed as they could be.

Ariana wrote: "I thought that this book was not a bad book necessarily, but it didn't live up to the expectations that I had for it after reading The Giver."

I completely agree with you, but don't give up because of Gathering Blue. I really liked Messenger, and Son was great even though the ending left something to be desired. You should read both of those anyway! :D

At best, it was barely alright. Alot of potential that wasn't realized and alot of unbelievable elements and pointless, unresolved drama. Also, given that it contributes almost nothing to the series as a whole, it was pretty pointless.

I read this book about... 10 years ago in 4th grade.
I loved it so much. It gave me such mystery and enticed me to learn more about our world.
That was before I read The Giver and the other books.
I was so chocked to learn it fell with The Giver. Like it made sense afterwards because it was such a different world.