What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Trick or Trouble? (The Holiday 5, #1)
This topic is about Trick or Trouble?
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. MG/YA book-girls comes back from camp, Halloween dance. [s]

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle (meeshellz) | 4 comments I'm almost positive I read this book when I was in middle school (2000-2004) but have no memory of the publishing date.

I'm pretty sure this book was part of a series that centered around a group of girls that met at a summer camp in I think Wisconsin. The beginning of the book had the girls packing up their cabin and getting ready to go on the train that would make several stops dropping the girls off.
In this book, the girl comes back from camp and discovers that her guy best friend grew into his looks and is starting to attract attention from other girls at their junior high. The big plot point was a Halloween dance at their school and someone starting a rumor about the girl MC and her guy friend going off to kiss somewhere when they skip out on some sort of dance planning meeting or something like that.

I remember the cover featuring the girl (who was blonde) dancing with her guy friend at the dance. She was wearing I think a short sleeve floral dress if that helps.

message 2: by Holly (new)

Holly (hollylovesbooks) | 761 comments Could it be the Camp Confidential series?

message 3: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle (meeshellz) | 4 comments Holly wrote: "Could it be the Camp Confidential series?"

Not this one, though this series sounds pretty similar. Thanks though!

message 4: by Tab (last edited Apr 27, 2015 07:08AM) (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4967 comments Could it have been the special book from the "Camp Sunnyside Friends" series? https://www.goodreads.com/series/4224...

School Daze was the special book, although it's not linked on Goodreads as part of the series.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38268 comments Mod
Michelle, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 6: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle (meeshellz) | 4 comments Ha, I completely forgot about this post. No, I haven't found it yet, but it still crosses my mind every now and again.

message 7: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4165 comments If it's not Tab's suggestion, maybe Only Friends?

message 9: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle (meeshellz) | 4 comments Oh my God you found it. It is Trick or Trouble thank you so much!

message 10: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16975 comments Glad to help out!

And hey, good timing. Happy Halloween!