Saints Report History Chat discussion

General > Welcome to History Chat

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Theodis (new)

Theodis | 15 comments Mod
Welcome one and all to the Saints Report History Chat. As you know, this was created as a result of the history thread on SR.com.

Feel free to discuss (and recommend the books you are reading and suggest more to others.

message 2: by Scott (new)

Scott | 26 comments thanks again for setting it up, Theodis

for all those that join, Scott is Zack Lee

my contributions to begin will be heavily on NOLA history by necessity. I have only read a few WW2 books but I also plan on reading some civil war books.

message 3: by Scott (new)

Scott | 26 comments I am currently reading The Great New Orleans Kidnapping case about the Digby kidnapping case but more generally just about the Reconstruction Era. The home where the kidnapping took place on Howard Street in a segment on the modern day property of our beloved Superdome.

message 4: by Theodis (new)

You can start a thread about it. It allows you to add the books info.

message 5: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Krodwhodat | 2 comments Hey whodats it's Krodwhodat I'm. Looking forward to this!

message 6: by Luan (new)

Luan | 16 comments Hello, guys! I am mt15 on SR. This is a cool site I was totally unaware of.

One thing about my name, it's spelled a little differently, but pronounced "Lou Ann". My mother was ahead of the times with trying to spell names differently, I suppose. I think it helps to know (in your head) how a word is pronounced.

message 7: by Luan (new)

Luan | 16 comments Theodis, I see you got around to adding your Batman books! Lol!

Also, BTW, every time I type your name on my tablet, it autocorrects to "Theories". Do you ever go by Theo?

message 8: by Theodis (new)

Yep

message 9: by Joseph (new)

Joseph Marks | 3 comments Glad to be here. Who Dat and History!

message 10: by Scott (new)

Scott | 26 comments glad you joined us Joseph. Do you have a SR handle? I am Zack Lee, Thodis is Grandadmiral, Luan is MT15 and Chris is Fish321

I hope you enjoy Empire of Sin. It gives a pretty good overview of the whole storyville era. It was the first place I read about Robert Charles and I am really enjoying Carnival of Fury right now.

I also liked your review on John Adams. I added that to my list and plan to read it before I see the mini series. I was not overly impressed with 1776 but I have seen reviewers say that it was not as well done as McCulloughs other books.

message 11: by Scott (new)

Scott | 26 comments and who dat!

message 12: by Joseph (new)

Joseph (linuxology) | 1 comments My screename is xaeniac on SR

message 13: by Theodis (new)

I might have a copy of John Adams myself. Don't remember reading it though.