Horror Aficionados discussion

Authors > Douglas Clegg

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by John (new)

John Huber | 10 comments I don't really have a favorite author. But, I've really been into Douglas Clegg lately. I don't love everything he does, but he hits the mark more times than not--with me, anyway.

message 2: by Jeff (new)

Jeff I'm a huge fan of Douglas Clegg. His horror is incredible and his criminally insane series is wonderful. He is also a genuinely nice person who takes time for his fans.

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) | 875 comments Sometimes he was a little distant for me or indulged in head hopping too much, but I do enjoy him. I especially loved his anthology The Nightmare Chronicles, thought it dark and creative in a haunting way. My favorite standalone from him is Neverland.

I liked his two books I read that he wrote under Andrew Harper, haven't read the third yet.

message 4: by Alissa (new)

Alissa (alissamerritt) | 141 comments I've been looking into this author. Recommend me his best work in your opinion.

message 5: by John (new)

John Huber | 10 comments I really enjoyed 'Neverland.' :)

message 6: by Walker (new)

Walker | 8 comments He's my favorite. I've read all of the Harrow series (loved them, best was The Infinite)
The Infinite

The Necromancer (included w/ The Attraction as a novelette) and The Hour Before Dark are young classics in my eyes.
The Hour Before Dark

message 7: by Mark (new)

Mark Matthews (xmarkm) | 256 comments Clegg always shows up on MB's "customers who bought this also read" list on Amazon. Told him that makes him family, but have been torn on which one to jump into first.

message 8: by Walker (new)

Walker | 8 comments Mark wrote: "Clegg always shows up on MB's "customers who bought this also read" list on Amazon. Told him that makes him family, but have been torn on which one to jump into first."

I would say to try the hour before dark first! one of my favorite ghost novels of all time and it contains all of his stylistic traits.
The Hour Before Dark by Douglas Clegg

message 9: by Anthony (new)

Anthony Hains | 140 comments I concur with the recommendations of Neverland. In addition to a great story, I found the early goings to have some funny dialog. The POV is from child, if I recall, this kid's perspectives are rather amusing. Nicely written.