Support for Indie Authors discussion

Archived Author Help > Author Central Page?

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maurice (new)

Maurice Miller (mauricegmiller) | 116 comments Second topic today...seems to be a consensus that if you have multiple books on the market it is almost imperative to have an Author Central Page (ACP) on Amazon.

For those of us that are just starting out with one book, and another one, or maybe two, on the way do you maintain better control of revisions/updates, etc. by not having an ACP and just working out of your KDP author page?

Thanks,
Maurice

message 2: by Rachael (new)

Rachael Eyre (rachaeleyre) | 194 comments Something I don't understand about my Amazon Author Page - even though I have two books on Amazon, only one of them is listed on the page. This one sells significantly more copies than the other; could this be the reason why? Why has this happened?

message 3: by Igzy (new)

Igzy Dewitt (IgzyDewitt) | 148 comments Does that book have more reviews, or is it in a genre that has lower competition? That could effect where your title lands for people searching in the genre. If not, it could be that participation in the ACP increases the product's SERPS for amazon.com.

Have you tried adding the other title to your ACP? If there is a noticeable bump in sales without changing anything about the title's page that could be the case.

Use science, test it out and post your results for the class.

message 4: by Rachael (new)

Rachael Eyre (rachaeleyre) | 194 comments Update: I've just added my 2nd book to the Author Central Page. I'll keep you posted if this has any effect on sales!

message 5: by Igzy (new)

Igzy Dewitt (IgzyDewitt) | 148 comments I've contacted Amazon. Currently the ACP site says that there are benefits to marketing through them but they are not listed explicitly on the page itself. Hopefully they'll get back to me shortly.

Looking forward to hearing how the second book fares, Rachael. Good luck!

message 6: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Siegrist (amandasiegrist) | 190 comments I don't have an author page on Amazon. Do you have to pay for it?

message 7: by Melissa (last edited Apr 25, 2015 05:15PM) (new)

Melissa Jensen (kdragon) | 468 comments Amanda wrote: "I don't have an author page on Amazon. Do you have to pay for it?"

I believe it's free for everyone so long as you have a book being sold through Amazon.

message 8: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Siegrist (amandasiegrist) | 190 comments Ok thanks. I do. Just another area I have to keep track of if I set it up...oh man...there are so many:)

message 9: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Jensen (kdragon) | 468 comments Amanda wrote: "Ok thanks. I do. Just another area I have to keep track of if I set it up...oh man...there are so many:)"

An author page is actually pretty easy to maintain. My author page is linked to my blog, so every time I do a blog post it shows up on my author page. That way my author page stays active without me actually having to log in and do stuff.

message 10: by Karin (new)

Karin Boutall (goodreadscomkarinb) | 24 comments Melissa wrote: "Amanda wrote: "Ok thanks. I do. Just another area I have to keep track of if I set it up...oh man...there are so many:)"

An author page is actually pretty easy to maintain. My author page is link..."

How did you set up your blog url on author centra page?
I uesed http://www.blogname.worpress.com/feed/ and I am still not getting feeds - any suggestions?

message 11: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Siegrist (amandasiegrist) | 190 comments I just set it up tonight and I haven't blogged anymore today but I copy and pasted the url from my RSS feed site. I think that worked. I see my blog from earlier today on my author page.

message 12: by Jenycka (new)

Jenycka Wolfe (jenyckawolfe) | 301 comments Can you have one of those pages if you only sell through kindle? Or do you have to have print books?

message 13: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Siegrist (amandasiegrist) | 190 comments I only do kindle so yes because it let me do it:)

message 14: by Charles (new)

Charles Hash | 1054 comments My best selling short wasn't even listed...so I dunno how effective this is.

message 15: by Jenycka (new)

Jenycka Wolfe (jenyckawolfe) | 301 comments Do you think it could actually hurt sales?

message 16: by Charles (new)

Charles Hash | 1054 comments Definitely can't hurt. And as an indie author it is especially important to have your ducks in a row.

message 17: by Christina (new)

Christina McMullen (cmcmullen) An author central page is just a way to personalize the landing page for your books. You can put up pics, book trailers, links to your blog or Twitter feed, and a bio.

Do note though, each market has a separate author central page and not all have the option. Last time I checked, it was just US, UK, DE, & FR. But each one is separate, so if you update the info on one, it won't carry over to the other.

message 18: by Charles (new)

Charles Hash | 1054 comments Well that's annoying.

message 19: by Jenycka (new)

Jenycka Wolfe (jenyckawolfe) | 301 comments That's inconvenient. Is it a language thing?

message 20: by Jenycka (new)

Jenycka Wolfe (jenyckawolfe) | 301 comments Obviously not a language thing if US and UK are different. That's really inconvenient.

message 21: by Christina (new)

Christina McMullen (cmcmullen) No, just a market thing, I think. It's strange that they can't just import all of the info over, or that it's only certain markets, but I don't pretend to understand international business regulations.

message 22: by Owen (new)

Owen O'Neill (owen_r_oneill) | 1509 comments My co-author and I both have author pages. (Hers gets about 9x the views mine does -- geez, I wonder why that is?) The main benefit (as I see it) is that people can follow you, and if they do, they are notified any time you release new work (as I understand it). So, in that sense, it is sort of like having a mailing list.

How many people are inclined to do that, I have no idea. Amazon (as far as I know) does not report when people are following you. But people do learn about our new releases very quickly: within an hour or two of release. So they are getting the word some way, and since we don't do anything except post in on our blog, it seems like people following us must be a large part of the reason.

message 23: by Owen (new)

Owen O'Neill (owen_r_oneill) | 1509 comments Jenycka wrote: "Obviously not a language thing if US and UK are different. That's really inconvenient."

Yes, it is. I believe Christina is correct and it has to do with the way the different markets are run, and the fact they are in many way independent. We haven't bothered to set up author pages off Amazon.com. The only other market in which we sell significant number is Germany, and it just hasn't seemed worth it.