Science and Inquiry discussion

Science in the News > Fundamentalist Textbooks

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Jim (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) | 655 comments Oh my. Hard to believe such ignorance has gov't sanction with all the standardized testing & the 'No Child Left Behind' act. I thought that might be one of the few good things to come out of it.
:(

message 3: by Grace (new)

Grace (themadmangoavenger) | 17 comments Ugh. One of the few times I'd want to burn a book. >.<

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 368 comments You see a lot of them down here - I live near BJU, among other things.

message 5: by Betsy, co-mod (new)

Betsy | 1703 comments Mod
Louisiana is not the only state doing this. Texas is too.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 368 comments It's a particularly tough nut to crack because it is Texas that is doing it - so many publishing houses set their books by what they can get OK'd in Texas.

message 7: by Jimmy (new)

Jimmy | 88 comments And more and more states are paying for this with tax dollars by allowing tax credits.

message 8: by José Luís (new)

José Luís  Fernandes | 23 comments These barbarians should pay with prison for life, or (although I hate and am against the death penalty), perhaps use Midazolam once on such people who are actually destroying America (which might a much better country than it's now if not for narrow minded and stupid people such as the Christian fundamentalists).

message 9: by Jim (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) | 655 comments Ugh! God’s Chosen Planet: Why Creationists Are Praying We Never Find Alien Life Unbelievable. These moronic creationists remind me of virus writers - they spend so much energy to no good end.
:(