Trail-Mix Readers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
BOTM: Fantasy/Paranormal > Nominations ---Closed---

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Wren-Wilson | 282 comments Mod
Please place your nominations for Book of the Month for Fantasy/Paranormal/Supernatural here.

message 2: by Miranda (new)

Miranda Shanklin | 33 comments Mod
Harper wrote: "My fantasy novel is The Descendants: Revelation. Angels, demons, slightly super-humans. Let me know what you all think!

Heaven and Hell have always fought over the Mortal realm ever since its ince..."

Harper - please contact me at mlshanklin@gmail.com

message 3: by Miranda (new)

I am the moderator for this genre. I look forward to putting a lot of good books out there for you to check out. If you would like to nominate your book please contact me at my email address mlshanklin@gmail.com I will have to read and review your book before I could promise you a spot. I am currently scheduling a couple of months out but if I get a lot of nominations from you then it could fill up pretty fast. I hope you all enjoy the choices that I have coming up for you!!

message 4: by Lu (new)

Lu J Whitley (blujay) | 29 comments Email sent, Miranda! Can't wait :)

message 5: by Miranda (new)

Please note that for nominations preference of books featured will be given to active members first! I have a waiting list that is getting quite long for this genre and will be watching participation before I schedule more than a few months out at any given time. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at mlshanklin@gmail.com

message 6: by Bryan (new)

Bryan Pentelow | 7 comments I am thinking of nominating a book for this section and can't make up my mind which one. Would group members care to help me out? I appreciate that to make a choice without any knowledge of the works in question is asking the impossible so if you would like to have something on which to base your choice please drop me a line at penworkspublishing@gmail.com and I will send you samples of the two books. This will help me in picking which one and if you find both of them dire that would also be useful.
Yours in Hope

message 7: by Phillip (new)

Phillip Stephens | 100 comments Technically William Browning Spencer's Zod Wallop http://amzn.to/1daI944 isn't indie because he was writing before Amazon and there were indie authors, but I know him and remember when he had to struggle to find small publishers who would take on his books. This was his one main stream published book long forgotten and finally re-realeased as eBook. I remember the years he spent at comiccons and writers and sci fi conventions trying to find an audience for his books. We all owe him a debt. I taught this book in my classes to get him some sales and because it was that good. I'm nominating in both fiction and fantasy.

message 8: by Scott (new)

Scott | 4 comments Evening guys! You will have to forgive me, I'm new to this. I represent Apophis, which is a group of 5 people who are endeavoring to publish the works of Lance Tuck. We are all new to the publishing world and would love to know what you all think of our work, and as such I would like to nominate Devil's Garden, Book One of the Paladin Sequence, by Lance Tuck.

One of the Amazon reviews summed it up better than I can.

"Told in a series of nested flash-backs, the story revolves around Matthew Paladin, an eclectic magician, and his mentor Gerald Ironblood, the Pope's most trusted exorcist, as they attempt to unravel a world-spanning demonic conspiracy. Tuck's knowledge of occult and literary demon lore is eclipsed only by his knowledge of popular horror media, and his novel reflects that. If you enjoy the works of Clive Barker and Steven King, or the horror movies of the 1970s, 80s, and 90s, you will love this book" - JS Groves

This is the first in a 13 part series of books that we are currently producing. Our plan is to launch a new novel (250-400pgs) every 3 to 4 months. The second installment is on track to be released in October of this year, with Book 3 set for February.

I have several promo copies that I can mail out to anyone who would like a copy. Just message me on here and we'll work out the logistics.

Cheers,
ScottD.

message 9: by Phillip (new)

Phillip Stephens | 100 comments With Raising Hell now out in paperback, I would like to throw it at the end of the queue. At $1 it's a cheap review too.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.