What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Adult Fiction - An elderly church lady befriends the guy breaks into her house. I think he hides out and she finds him inside.[s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tonja (new)

Tonja | 4 comments An elderly church lady befriends the guy breaks into her house. I think he hides out and she finds him inside. She is witty and sarcastic to her church friends when she defends becoming his friend and trusting him. She helps turn his life around. I think that it takes place down south.

Hardcover book that I read in the early 2ooo's. Was pretty recently published at the time, I believe. Help is appreciated please.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34447 comments Mod
Tonja, can you describe the guy - age, background, personality, etc.?

message 3: by Tonja (new)

Tonja | 4 comments He was young, not sure if a teen or early 20's. I don't think there was a distinct ethniticity. He may have broken into her house to hide from the law for something else he did wrong and she harbored him I think. It is not a mystery, or suspense. More lighthearted and witty. I thought I remember a yellow cover. I can remember silly things but not the title or author!

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38241 comments Mod
Tonja, adding plot details to your header will help people who are skimming through posts with a limited amount of time to solve.

message 5: by Tonja (new)

Tonja | 4 comments Walking Across Egypt by Clyde Edgerton is the book. A movie wight eh same name was also made in 1999. Finally got it figured out!

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34447 comments Mod
Glad you found your book!

Shelved as Walking Across Egypt by Clyde Edgerton.

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38241 comments Mod
Details added to header....this is helpful even after a thread has been solved. Sometimes when helping solve threads, people search not just the internet but already-solved threads in the group, and a header full of details is a huge timesaver.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Walking Across Egypt (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Clyde Edgerton (other topics)