YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > A Storm Of Swords (A Song of Ice and Fire #3) By George R.R. Martin - Restarting March 11th 2016

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 27856 comments Mod
Here is the third volume in George R.R. Martin's magnificent cycle of novels that includes A Game of Thrones and A Clash of Kings. Together, this series comprises a genuine masterpiece of modern fantasy, destined to stand as one of the great achievements of imaginative fiction.

Of the five contenders for power, one is dead, another in disfavor, and still the wars rage as alliances are made and broken. Joffrey sits on the Iron Throne, the uneasy ruler of of the Seven Kingdoms. His most bitter rival, Lord Stannis, stands defeated and disgraced, victim of the sorceress who holds him in her thrall. Young Robb still rules the North from the fortress of Riverrun. Meanwhile, making her way across a blood-drenched continent is the exiled queen, Daenerys, mistress of the only three dragons still left in the world. And as opposing forces manoeuver for the final showdown, an army of barbaric wildlings arrives from the outermost limits of civilization, accompanied by a horde of mythical Others—a supernatural army of the living dead whose animated corpses are unstoppable. As the future of the land hangs in the balance, no one will rest until the Seven Kingdoms have exploded in a veritable storm of swords...

message 2: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Scott | 2393 comments I might have to pull out of this. I'm running insanely behind with buddy reads, and I have more starting. Plus a LOT of school work. I might try to read it a little late, but it's unlikely. I'm really sorry!

message 3: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (dontakemetochurch) I would definitely love to participate in this, I am already 178 pages in but I think I could check in every now and then for some discussion.

message 4: by Melany (new)

Melany (snowborn) | 1428 comments Hi so I've started, I'm now Bran's first chapter page 123 (view spoiler)

message 5: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (dontakemetochurch) Melany wrote: "Hi so I've started, I'm now Bran's first chapter page 123 [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

To everyone else: I am on page 500 as I started earlier but I really want to read everyone's thoughts on the book so far!

message 6: by Melany (new)

Melany (snowborn) | 1428 comments Wow you a quick reader I'm going to try to catch up!

message 7: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (dontakemetochurch) Melany wrote: "Wow you a quick reader I'm going to try to catch up!"

I started on May 5th not when this was supposed to start. :)

message 8: by Melany (new)

Melany (snowborn) | 1428 comments I start before too. I had to put it down, I wanted to marathon the books but after reading the first two I need a break.

message 9: by Melany (new)

Melany (snowborn) | 1428 comments I'm only up to page 230 but (view spoiler)

message 10: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (dontakemetochurch) I am currently on page 590.

message 11: by Melany (new)

Melany (snowborn) | 1428 comments I'm on page 394 still behind! (view spoiler)

message 12: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (dontakemetochurch) Melany wrote: "I'm on page 394 still behind! [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 13: by Melany (new)

Melany (snowborn) | 1428 comments I'm on page 460 (view spoiler)

message 14: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (dontakemetochurch) Melany wrote: "I'm on page 460 [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

I'm up to page 711.

message 15: by Hannah (last edited May 17, 2015 01:22PM) (new)

Hannah (dontakemetochurch) ***Spoilers for page 754***
(view spoiler)

message 16: by Melany (new)

Melany (snowborn) | 1428 comments I'm on page 570 I'm still so far behind!!! I'm trying!!!(view spoiler)

message 17: by Melany (new)

Melany (snowborn) | 1428 comments Sorry I haven't responded in the last couple of days I'm on page 706.... (view spoiler)

message 18: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (dontakemetochurch) Melany wrote: "Sorry I haven't responded in the last couple of days I'm on page 706.... [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)
I am on page 1007.

message 19: by Melany (new)

Melany (snowborn) | 1428 comments Hannah wrote: "Melany wrote: "Sorry I haven't responded in the last couple of days I'm on page 706.... [spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]
I am on page 1007."

(view spoiler)

message 20: by Melany (new)

Melany (snowborn) | 1428 comments Hannah wrote: "***Spoilers for page 754***
[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 21: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (dontakemetochurch) Melany wrote: "Hannah wrote: "***Spoilers for page 754***
[spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 22: by Melany (new)

Melany (snowborn) | 1428 comments Hannah wrote: "Melany wrote: "Hannah wrote: "***Spoilers for page 754***
[spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"
[spoilers removed]"

LOL it really was!

message 23: by Melany (new)

Melany (snowborn) | 1428 comments Page 773 (view spoiler)

message 24: by Melany (new)

Melany (snowborn) | 1428 comments Page 831 (view spoiler)

message 25: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 27856 comments Mod
****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Reading from the 11th of March 2016

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

message 26: by Connie (new)

Connie (sunstormsandthunderclouds) | 3974 comments Starting Steel and Snow now :)

message 27: by Connie (new)

Connie (sunstormsandthunderclouds) | 3974 comments Jaime (view spoiler)

message 28: by Connie (new)

Connie (sunstormsandthunderclouds) | 3974 comments Arya (view spoiler)

message 29: by Connie (new)

Connie (sunstormsandthunderclouds) | 3974 comments Sansa (view spoiler)

message 30: by Connie (new)

Connie (sunstormsandthunderclouds) | 3974 comments Jon, Dany, Bran (view spoiler)

message 31: by Connie (new)

Connie (sunstormsandthunderclouds) | 3974 comments (view spoiler)

message 32: by Connie (new)

Connie (sunstormsandthunderclouds) | 3974 comments Back to Sansa (view spoiler)

message 33: by Connie (new)

Connie (sunstormsandthunderclouds) | 3974 comments I would love a Direwolf, it makes me sad that Arya doesn't have hers anymore

message 34: by Connie (new)

Connie (sunstormsandthunderclouds) | 3974 comments Davos (view spoiler)

message 35: by Connie (new)

message 36: by Connie (new)

message 37: by Connie (new)

Connie (sunstormsandthunderclouds) | 3974 comments Finishing thoughts: There wasn't really a lot of action in this first half of the book. A lot of character building and politics really...Hmmm...Let's hope Part 2 is better

message 38: by Cami (new)

Cami (englishkhaleesi) | 537 comments Tyrion (view spoiler)